Skinz Air Frames

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of boards just wondering what u guys or gals did for the rear tunnel. It is stock tunnel still and the instructions say when cutting off the boards not go past a certain point at the drop brackets leaving the back portion. I'm just wondering how that will look in the end. Has anyone cut it off, I have seen pictures of it cut right off. Just thinking it might look dumb with it left on. 2010 nytro

Last edited:

sled obsessed

Reaction score
i cut mine off all the way to the back, left a half inch I think on the bottom for a little added strength, looks good. Seem pretty strong. I have a full season on it now. Love the boards but they are expensive. I used a reciprocating/ocilating tool with a metal blade which worked awesome, way easier to control than a cutting wheel. Also my tunnel was powder coated black prior so i just got a lenght of u-channel molding - automotive stuff that makes it look pretty sharp, covers up the cut.

sled obsessed

Reaction score
Leave the drop mount brackets in tact though. they add a lot of strenght. thats hard steel, you wouldn't want to cut it anyways.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410746139.039647.jpg

I just put these on at the end of last season. I cut off everything. They seem to be a lot stiffer then my stock 08 boards in the bit of shop riding I got in.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut everything to install my CR boards

DSCN1534.jpg
DSCN1535.jpg

Attachments

• image001 (1).jpg
    image001 (1).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 159
Top Bottom