skidoo 800 oil delete question (problem)

djs

Reaction score
I did the oil delete successfully. after the second ride the clear tube between the crank case oil injection nozzles became void of oil. the water pump cavity stayed full.
I found one of the oil injection ( check valve) nozzles plugged. have ordered replacement. my question is what keeps the two cavity's for the rod bearing's lubricated (full of oil) and where did the oil go. I have 100 miles o a top end job and the rings look good.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only cavity that stays full is the water pump cavity. there is no cavity for rod/crank bearings and they are sealed units. that is the purpose of the delete. the fuel oil mixture will take care of that. the hose you have attached should just connect the two injection locations together so no debris can get in or out and stay pressured up. it doesnt have to have oil in it. i dont fully understsand your question but hope this helps

Last edited:

djs

Reaction score
I have a limited understanding of 2 strokes, I thought that the gas oil mixture only went into the top of the piston on the upstroke/downstroke

kanders

Reaction score
The induction charge of a 2 stroke is drawn through the crankcase before going into the cylinders (including the oil you mixed into the gas), that's what oils the bottom end of any 2 stroke including your chainsaw, weed eater etc. Did I just suggest that your sled is a big weed eater......maybe Haha.
Not to high jack this thread but is this a commonly done mod, are there reliability issues with the injection or is it purely weight savings.

Top Bottom