skidoo 2016

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the 2016 release the best kept secret ever for BRP? No leaks, no early pictures (that are real), nothing substantial; hard to believe!

Only 3 days remaining...........surely there is something out there other than the 880BB?

24" wide flex edge track! I'm telling you, it's real, I've just made it up myself, it'll be called the SWT3,

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol With a slogan like BRP is spouting, BNG is a definite possibility for 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try starting an etec cold and driving it won't let you over rev it till it is warm. They can make enough fail safes (idiot proof) to keep the sled with warranty. I had an 09 880 XP tuned by the man himself with many many many miles on it had just good as mileage as any other new sled and worked flawless. So I'm sure BRP can do this if they want. Hope it's true but not holding my breath. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got one of the good ones and that it lasted, many others don't. I don't know who "the man" is that built yours or what you are calling many miles, but the guys out east can have no problem putting on 3-4 times as much miles as a mountain sled on a good year. The thin walls on the 880 do have distortion, and so doing top ends under warranty even just from wear becomes a lot more expensive if the jugs need to be replaced every time, as there is no wiggle room to go even 1 piston size bigger from a typical wear standpoint. That's all I was getting at with the warranty comment.

An 880 is unlikely not being built due to a cold seize issue IMO, but the fact that at the 880 displacement in the bore, also has issues with the welded o ring areas at the cylinder head causing sealing issues, and welding takes the temper out of the metal after they are factory heat treated. Amongst this are a host of other issues that can come up, rear intake transfer port very thin, lack of support for piston and ring pressures, lower intake transfer areas and the lack of support for the piston skirt, etc. Take it for what its worth but I think you'd see an 860 long before an 880.

As mentioned, no need to be WFO to cause seizing issues in a sled, only thing that saves a lot of guys is the cast pistons in the stock motors, but even those have their limits. Even with a much more dimensionally stable piston like a cast piston. Idle combustion temps lets say 350-400 F, even at 5,500 you are starting to approach 900-1,000 degrees, that temp differential on the surface of the piston can change quickly and on a single ring piston with minimal ability to transfer heat to the cylinder wall.....

Linderman has a 950 kit. But I know they got to do some case machining.

True, but that kit is also using a completely new monoblock (Crankshops I believe), hence the case machining. All I was getting at was that an 880 stocker in the existing motor configuration was unlikely (but still could be done), but just that a new motor would likely be developed (if they are going bigger). At the very least they would likely put a bigger monoblock on the top end instead of boring out the existing one to a marginal thickness.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Glad you got one of the good ones and that it lasted, many others don't. I don't know who "the man" is that built yours or what you are calling many miles, but the guys out east can have no problem putting on 3-4 times as much miles as a mountain sled on a good year. The thin walls on the 880 do have distortion, and so doing top ends under warranty even just from wear becomes a lot more expensive if the jugs need to be replaced every time, as there is no wiggle room to go even 1 piston size bigger from a typical wear standpoint. That's all I was getting at with the warranty comment.

An 880 is unlikely not being built due to a cold seize issue IMO, but the fact that at the 880 displacement in the bore, also has issues with the welded o ring areas at the cylinder head causing sealing issues, and welding takes the temper out of the metal after they are factory heat treated. Amongst this are a host of other issues that can come up, rear intake transfer port very thin, lack of support for piston and ring pressures, lower intake transfer areas and the lack of support for the piston skirt, etc. Take it for what its worth but I think you'd see an 860 long before an 880.

As mentioned, no need to be WFO to cause seizing issues in a sled, only thing that saves a lot of guys is the cast pistons in the stock motors, but even those have their limits. Even with a much more dimensionally stable piston like a cast piston. Idle combustion temps lets say 350-400 F, even at 5,500 you are starting to approach 900-1,000 degrees, that temp differential on the surface of the piston can change quickly and on a single ring piston with minimal ability to transfer heat to the cylinder wall.....

True, but that kit is also using a completely new monoblock (Crankshops I believe), hence the case machining. All I was getting at was that an 880 stocker in the existing motor configuration was unlikely (but still could be done), but just that a new motor would likely be developed (if they are going bigger). At the very least they would likely put a bigger monoblock on the top end instead of boring out the existing one to a marginal thickness.

thats what I said...................lol

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be a 154 3" T3, also the T3's will be available in season not just spring check. New bold colours and that's all for my prediction. 2017 will be the year for something really new

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
24" wide flex edge track! I'm telling you, it's real, I've just made it up myself, it'll be called the SWT3,

Does that mean I could pull a groomer drag with a SWT3 174 ??? groom up to the Alpine play all day and groom down in the evening. BRP has it all covered. THANKS BRP. Trent put in a order

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's deffinetly nothing compared to "instantaneous lift" or new king takes his throne

If you want real instantaneous lift go see the boys at TSS or boost it. Funny thing is I trust my etec at 7psi more than I would that new poo engine.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
There will be a 154 3" T3, also the T3's will be available in season not just spring check. New bold colours and that's all for my prediction. 2017 will be the year for something really new

They aren't going to get camoplast to manufacture a track specific to that one machine... It was a different story for the bigger tracks but the spread from 154,s to 163-174s was probably 20-1 last year. Won't happen.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll see mon, I was also told about a shorter T3 recently.

3.00 pitch is a 156. So produce a sled for only about 3" shorter than the The 163 is actually a 162 so it doesn't really make sence to me anyway.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's hope doo picks it up,in the power compartment, the 800 is to small for the 174 in n/a fourm.. 880 would tq would be a noticable improvement

mayne clean up some of the sensors threw out the machine, drop some weight off the hood plastics, offer a carbon or titanuim weight reduction package.. Easy 40 lb reduction.. Come on brp, time to get serious at this sport

Top Bottom