Skidoo 154 turbo

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Place I deal at probably hasn't sold a 154 anything mountain in 7-8 years and have done almost 10 154 turbo's already. More than I thought would buy them.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
154 s are the new 146. Mine was really playful but I got tired of getting stuck..... probably my lack of riding skills or it was the 2 feet of fresh snow.....not sure what it was but if you like to goof around and not climb really really big climbs then a 154 is perfect

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to wheelie the 154 turbo is a ton of fun. If you're a heavier person like myself, I'd go one track size up. Also your tunnel real estate on the 154 is very limited.

sledneck_joe

Reaction score
Been riding a 154 N/A Expert the past two seasons.. it'll go most places you wanna go, just have to carry a ridiculous amount of speed. Tons of fun on features, much easier to pull re entries and bowties on than a 165+. With a turbo it should climb decently as well. My track only lasted 2000km before ejecting 12 paddles, be mindful of that with the shorter track.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be a lot of fun to have it in the stable for the average to low snow days, easy to throw around and everything in slow motion compared to the big brother in the deep

But still would have the big brother in the trailer for the stupid deep days where the 154 will be a track poacher all day

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to snow check a new whip. Really considering a 154 3” turbo. Just came off a 21 163 expert na. Will I regret this decision?

please share your thoughts
been there done thaT... u will burn more fuel trying to keep up to 165's ...but at the end of the day... U wiLL bee a better rider and in shape .. i like the way u THiNKouTside ...that ski -Doo feeLing... kinda funny if BRP was to offered a 156, 166 , 176 wit short tunnels .. back in the day 156 was king of kings .. just a thought ... WE are LYNxXx .. Hmmmm

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt do it, the 165 is the best all around weapon and adding that extra 20-30hp at elevation makes the 165 just that much more fun. Need to decide what is most important to you. A 165 will bowtie and whip, but a 154 does it better. But A 154 will not move through the trees with ease in 3ft of blower snow. All depends whats more important to you. Ive had them all, tried them all, the 165 has been the best all around machine for my average style of riding. If your the guy that goes to one hill and pratices flippy turns and bowties all day then a 165 is not for you. But if you find yourself doing a variety of different riding the 165 is the best fit. and lets face it, being stuck less is pretty fun. I ride with some phenomenal riders on 154 Turbos and they will get everywhere i go it just takes a pile more skill to do so. I guess your riding ability also plays into this decision. 165s are also an easier to resell i find

SCOTTC

Reaction score
More information

We ride primarily Hunters Range. We ride by work patterns not weather patterns. Been on a 163/165 since 2013 before that 146\154s. My expert unfortunately met its demise on Friday. I rode a friends 165 FR turbo for 2 days. Was an awesome whip especially the last day with 12”of fresh. Ride mostly trees. Never been and never will be a climber. Lol. The speed that the turbo carries is wicked. Am considering the 154 just due to being easier to toss around. I know that I will regret the decision on deep days, we just don’t get that many anymore. I appreciate the feed back. Couple more days left too keep scratching my head.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me kmow what ya want for for your used 165

65 seam a good all around track, but in the stupid deep they are fighting them self, see it all the time.. where the 75 shines threw, but yes the 75 is more a work out in the less snow to throw around..

Remember when the 154 was king.. and yes a lot of fun

Top Bottom