Ski orientation

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the skiis looked kind of strange when I took them off but after thinking about it I guess they were on properly. Do you agree that this pic is the way they should go back on???
sled4.jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think ya can run them either way??? anyone,,????

its makes a slightly wider stance thats all, your choice,,

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I have reversed mine as someone told me it is a better ride. Haven't really noticed yet as I haven't ridden since changing them around. The one thing I found out is to be careful when putting in the bolts so that nothing (the end of the bolt) is hanging out from the side. It might cause a problem with a rock or tree stump.

Remember to put a little grease on the bolt when you put it together.....:beer:

W

woodies

wally just think about the width installed. you want a narrow stance most times.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have reversed mine as someone told me it is a better ride. Haven't really noticed yet as I haven't ridden since changing them around. The one thing I found out is to be careful when putting in the bolts so that nothing (the end of the bolt) is hanging out from the side. It might cause a problem with a rock or tree stump.

Remember to put a little grease on the bolt when you put it together.....:beer:
Which way did you mount them -- toe in or toe out??? They have grease nipples for the bolt. The bolts are put in from the outside and are the exact length with a locking nut. From what I can see -- when you start a turn ( in powder) if they are toe out they would have more surface to grab. That said I am just a novice and am just guessing so more comments are welcomed.

W

woodies

lol its not so much toe out or in as that's a measurement to get the alignment. you want a narrow ski stance to let you lay the sled over easier.maybe i'm wrong?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that when you align your skiis, you want a slight toe out. Might be kind of hard to accomplish if you switch them around.

gorpet

Reaction score
When I think of the new Parabolic Skis it would be toe out. On Skis when you turn right you are skiing only on the part of the ski from the heel of the boot, to the tip of the ski. Ski,s are made that way because that is where your weight is. The Parabolic ski changed the ski industry and if I were to guess(which I have too), I would mount them toe out.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a turbo and the skis will never hit the ground ahahahahahaha

either way is fine,,, narrower stance is prob perfered for most but its only a inch or so,,,

or try both ways....

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This has been interesting and I thought I would take a couple more pics from the bottom to show how much difference it would make. Stance would narrow a few inches if turned in for sure. What are your thoughts for different riding conditions like some trails and some powder??? The pic on the right was the way they were installed on the sled.
sled6.jpg sled7.jpg

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You definately want the wider part of the ski to the inside. That way, when you are countersteering in the powder, the skis help you out more. All powder skis that I have seen have more area on the inside of the ski. They were on the sled properly.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has been interesting and I thought I would take a couple more pics from the bottom to show how much difference it would make. Stance would narrow a few inches if turned in for sure. What are your thoughts for different riding conditions like some trails and some powder??? The pic on the right was the way they were installed on the sled.
View attachment 28766 View attachment 28767

on the trail wider is better more stable but who cares for the minimal trail stuff that I do....

try both ways and see what ya think...

what sled are they from, below is a pic of my 2004 REV with dual carbide skis, looks like carbide is on outer edge but that was a few years back so I cant remeber... I know I like mine the way they were..

good luck and cant wait to ride

Attachments

• shawn 016.jpg
    shawn 016.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they off a Polaris? they look like sidehiller II skis, if so wide to the inside for powder or outside if your on trails most of the time.

Attachments

• DSCF2928.jpg
    DSCF2928.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 21

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter how you put them on. If your riding trails and want the wide ski stance, then reverse them, and if your riding deep snow or in the mountains then put them back on the way they came. They can be changed for your riding style. By changing them gives you you 6 inches of a difference, which is huge for boondocking, sidehilling, or balance for trails and cornering.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they off a Polaris? they look like sidehiller II skis, if so wide to the inside for powder or outside if your on trails most of the time.

Yes they are off my 04 RMK 600. I think I will leave them as they were with the wide section to the inside and a wider stance. I think it stands to reason that they will keep more on top of the powder that way. Thanks to all who answered.

Top Bottom