Ski doo 850 factory turbo cutting out

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I go WOT for greater than 8-12 seconds the engine and turbo fully cuts out for a split second, then it kicks back in again full power. I'm wondering if anyone else seems to have this problem?

I have 500km on the sled now and 200 of that has been off brake in with no change.

I only run fresh shell 91 non-ethanol fuel

If I actually bark the throttle before it cuts out it seems to eliminate the problem. I don't plan on taking it to the dealer and waiting 8 weeks for a repair during prime season.
I rode with a couple 850 turbos few days ago. The one was doing this exact same thing at wot playing in the hills. Consistently back firing and big cloud of black smoke. On a single climb it would do this 3 or 4 times. The other 850 turbo was not doing this.

Fraser1412

Reaction score
I rode with a couple 850 turbos few days ago. The one was doing this exact same thing at wot playing in the hills. Consistently back firing and big cloud of black smoke. On a single climb it would do this 3 or 4 times. The other 850 turbo was not doing this.

Yes exactly what is happening to me

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no way this can be happening. its all in your head. maxwell never has problems so it simply just can't be.

Your right i don't have problems. Pretty fortunate i guess. Over 1100km on mine and 700km on the Wifes, and 2000km on a 2020.5 last year.

I don't deny there are guys having issues. there must be 20,000 of these things on the hill. its all you see, Hopefully they get it sorted out. They are unreal machines when working properly.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell are you running stock clutching and what rpm are running at. Thanks

Yes factory clutching 8100-8200 Clicker 1 on wifes machine, My machine was exactly the same. Little bit high on the Rpm but never gave me any issue. Couple farts here and there during breakin but now both off breakin are 100% crisp.

starting last weekend i am now running some top secret stuff i am testing. Now 8000 on the money and making some good gains. Stay tuned.

For what its worth, i have only ran Petro Canada 91 octane. not 94.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the old lady one has got me in some ****, but funny its never the wife its the old boys usually sayin' "that ain't old..."

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
bahahaha nope, but were past the GF stage and i feel using that word is better than old lady? LOL

She’s nice, she’s easy on the eyes, she’s outdoorsy and she tugs your...ski when your stuck (and never tries to teach you better ride skills).
Better put a Ring on that one

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen some older Doo's that seemed to suffer from the pick-up in the tank getting hung up and it was evident when climbing due to it becoming uncovered.

Not implying that this is the problem only want to offer something to look at as a possibility or to dismiss.

Fraser1412

Reaction score
Found codes:

P0562 - pcm low voltage
B2205

my brake light is also stuck on lighting up the tail light always and beeps at me once in a while warning, thinking my park brake is on. The second code might be related to that.

My brake light on doesnt doesn't warrant a trip to the deal in the winter LOL

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found codes:

P0562 - pcm low voltage
B2205

my brake light is also stuck on lighting up the tail light always and beeps at me once in a while warning, thinking my park brake is on. The second code might be related to that.

My brake light on doesnt doesn't warrant a trip to the deal in the winter LOL

better take that girl into the dealer, she sounds sick unfortunatly

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This must be “Fake News” doo’s don’t have issues!

In all seriousness it sounds like possible wiring issues. I have had a couple doo’s with gremlins. One of them turned out to need the main wiring harness replaced. The grounds tend to T off and if they don’t have a good connection it’s creates all
kinds of headaches. Like everyone said take it to the dealer and let them fight with it. Hopefully they figure it out quickly for ya! Saw on utube Muskoka free rider said his turbo was bogging as well.

Fraser1412

Reaction score

In all seriousness it sounds like possible wiring issues. I have had a couple doo’s with gremlins. One of them turned out to need the main wiring harness replaced. The grounds tend to T off and if they don’t have a good connection it’s creates all
kinds of headaches. Like everyone said take it to the dealer and let them fight with it. Hopefully they figure it out quickly for ya! Saw on utube Muskoka free rider said his turbo was bogging as well.

I cleared the codes problem solved for tonight lol

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mines just went down. Still early diagnosis but dealer is saying ecm and injectors

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Soumds to me that they tuned these extremely rich.

Top Bottom