Ski doo 850 factory turbo cutting out

Fraser1412

Reaction score
When I go WOT for greater than 8-12 seconds the engine and turbo fully cuts out for a split second, then it kicks back in again full power. I'm wondering if anyone else seems to have this problem?

I have 500km on the sled now and 200 of that has been off brake in with no change.

I only run fresh shell 91 non-ethanol fuel

If I actually bark the throttle before it cuts out it seems to eliminate the problem. I don't plan on taking it to the dealer and waiting 8 weeks for a repair during prime season.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine pulls solid and hard, no cut out. My buddy got stuck said his did this the other day. Water in fuel?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Deep snow, rpm doesn't go over 8000

How do you see the gauge in deep snow to see the RPM? Mine is always just covered in snow. First photo is Maxwell. I’m sure he can’t see his in deep pow to confirm rpm.
2cca902f6e839ee924f66c566fca0762.jpg

e0cb8751a38e17d234d507c1340ca797.jpg

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deep snow, rpm doesn't go over 8000
Not sure if this applies but on my 99 summitX they had inline fuel filters that would plug.Took forever to get this diagnosis but finally found the problem, is there fuel filters on the G4?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies but on my 99 summitX they had inline fuel filters that would plug.Took forever to get this diagnosis but finally found the problem, is there fuel filters on the G4?

There is! Shouldn’t be plugged this soon though

We’re your intakes all covered during that 12 seconds?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it sound like an electrical cut out or a more bog like cut out?

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is! Shouldn’t be plugged this soon though

We’re your intakes all covered during that 12 seconds?

Maxwell, could it be a spark plug wires ?! lol jk .. sorry I just had to cause I remember the etec issue you fought forever that I read about.

Fraser have you checked your wire connections and any lines that show signs of being pinched?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen one on Sunday do something similar, if he let off wot and run around 3/4 it would be fine .. seamed like a tps issue.. could not believe he never poped a reed, with all the back firing that thing did that day

I feel for you, Warrenty means wait a month to get sled back, been there my self.. call redline and quiz Dave on it, I think he said he’s dealt with a few of them..

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t run the same sled but had issues before with cutting out/bogging while running wot for extended periods before, my diagnosis was the springs off the y-pipe were weak and the donut was wearing out, losing all pipe pressure.., worth a quick check, could be a cheap easy fix

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t run the same sled but had issues before with cutting out/bogging while running wot for extended periods before, my diagnosis was the springs off the y-pipe were weak and the donut was wearing out, losing all pipe pressure.., worth a quick check, could be a cheap easy fix

#turboproblems

Top Bottom