Six lakes - Ft Mc

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its certainly worth the experience.. no doubt about it!!
if i actually spend any time at home tonight hopefully i'll get a few pictures up for everyone

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright here's a few shot's from a variety of trips, not as much on the computer as in real photos!

1. Packed and on the way up to the lakes
2. Coming out of Pierson Lake for a day ride
3. What camp may look like (at 6Lakes)
4. One of many views of 6Lakes from camp

Attachments

• DSC02813.jpg
    DSC02813.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC02743.jpg
    DSC02743.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Camp 3.jpg
    Camp 3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Camp 4.jpg
    Camp 4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 283

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. Harvest Moon from 6Lakes camp
2. Trail into the Ride on Dunes
3. Playing in the Dunes
4. Playing in the Dunes

Attachments

• 9 - maxim - dunes.jpg
    9 - maxim - dunes.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 283
  • Daryl dunes 1.jpg
    Daryl dunes 1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 280
  • To the dunes 2.jpg
    To the dunes 2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 293
  • Moon Reflection 2.jpg
    Moon Reflection 2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 275

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and was tryin to give you more scenery pics but the website keeps stopping the pics from uploading.. so hopefully those give you some idea at least!

corey23

Reaction score
As for the fishing, can you just fish from the shore or should you have a boat? Also what species of fish are found in these lakes?

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the pics! Now your makin me want to go more!!!!!

haha it's a great place.. just respect the area (take out ur trash etc) so that we can keep going to it!

umm you can fish from shore, the docks, even wade out 30ft or so and be waist deep if you like.. the fish types i'm not to sure, i never fish while i'm there.. but there a plenty.. i've seen them be speared no more than knee deep from shore :p they come in for the minnows!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Great pics. I really enjoyed seeing that big pile of sand. Is there lots of these nice hills there or is that the biggest one. When you take your sport quad do you get your buddies to pack your stuff, fuel food etc . Is there enough sand riding to put on paddle tires, or is the trail gonna chew them up. Should a person just pack them up in the trailer and put them on when you get there. Thanks

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks! that's some of the bigger ones yes.. but there's a bunch to climb, jump and play around on.. just dont expect glamis or anything haha Yes all my gear gets brought up.. sometimes i'll take my clothes in on my back but otherwise it gets packed in for me as a race quad is fairly incapable of taking the load.. fuel food tents booze etc would never work! SO make some very nice friends haha the race quad can get to camp in 45min, the ones taking the gear usually take almost 2hrs give or take.. i've never taken paddle tires but seen a honda trx450 take em and they got a bit chewed before arriving.. its a bit gravelly for the first maybe half of the main road to the lakes so if you have the space me personally would carry them up there and then run them from camp to anywhere.. someone else might have another opinion to offer

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info White6 . Hopefully I can plan a trip up there this year as I still see IDAHO to far to travel .Brule Lake also rocks.:):)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem. ya i like brule too but havent been for a few years now.. and im just waiting to find some people to come w/ me for a trip to the states.. been waiting for a few years now but realy wanna go!

cokerrat

Reaction score
haven't been up there yet, cant wait to go (hard when you only got a sport quad) but i do have a couple maps that might help a bit i could fire off in an email to you.

soake

Reaction score
Its all side x side accessible.. just be tighter in some places than others.. the ride on dunes and pierson lake are probably the two tightest trails for the side x side

Staging area has been pretty safe (to my knowledge) as it's now soo far up the road and there is traffic from the workers. Anyone I know has yet to have an issue in the last 4years. Just be smart, lock it up and hide your goods.

Bring in fresh (container) and bottled water.. boil lake water for dishes and sometimes showers.. depending on your group size, trip duration etc just buy it in the big cases and bring it up that way.

Would it be at all possible to access this with a 2012 Ford Raptor??

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it be at all possible to access this with a 2012 Ford Raptor??

Once you leave the New Staging Area (2009) 25 Km's NORTH from the original No 1 Staging area, the Road/Trail is all SAND, except for the BRIDGE over the Firebag River at +- 19 km's, from the new staging area. I would not advise any one to take a Ford Raptor or any other 4WD vehicle (Highway) on this road except in the winter time. I am not sure if the Bridge is Wide enough for the Truck to drive over it. If you would like to PM me your e-mail address I can send you a Picture/jpeg of this area, up to the Six Lakes Area/Net Lake Camp, a total of 16 pages. This trip is why my ride is a 2007 Polaris Ranger 6X6 and pulling a 38" x 96" Walking Beam Trailer.

K B4 Y G, Bruce.

Last edited:

Sparx

Reaction score
Please no trucks, really pisses off the wardens trying to maintain the area. Trucks have gotten stuck in some of the big water holes in the middle of the road after big rain falls. The main entrance to the area is normally gated as well as the firebag bridge at times.
6 Lakes Gates.jpg

Only permission has been given to trappers to haul up their gear to their cabins. There is no point in bringing a truck, it will burn more fuel and be more expensive to fix if you break it compared to quads. If you want to come see it for a day or two but not camp come stay in town for a weekend and drive up and unload for the day ride. Some of us do it and it's a long haul but no more than what some of us do for a days ride sledding in the mountains to certain areas to ride. I've run into guys on bikes who've made it to the dunes in a day trip with just a 6gal jerry can for two bikes. I lent them fuel, cause I knew it would be close for them to make it back and one of the bikes tossed the motor on the way back. Be prepared in this area, it's like the Baja 250 of Fort McMurray, it will test all makes and models of bikes to their best abilities and dependability. And yes, they all break including Honda's....

Side by sides especially the big 6x6's are really popular for 6 with the hardcores cause you can haul all your gear and don't need a tub and climb the best of hills with ease. I normally haul my sport quads up in the box and tow a tub up as well... Our family owns and runs 4 6x6's now for this main reason and hunting around town, hard to beat. One of my custom units is 70" wide and I've taken it everywhere. With quads in the back too... People have told me you can't take a sxs let alone a 60" wide Ranger into Jackson Lake and I've taken my 70" wide Ranger in there as well as into the rideable Dunes... Getting ready for another big trip this year July 27-31. Normally do at least 2 big trips every summer. Boys will be towing up dirt bikes with paddles, boats, sport quads, you name it. Gonna be quite the show this trip! See you up there!

Wide Load 6by.jpg
Wide Load.jpg

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Trax, I have missed your postings on the PRC Forum, They have one going on right now, Full-Size Ranger Discussions, Picks of what everone is towing with Rangers! I think your latest pics would be a great input.

K B4 Y G, Bruce.

Last edited:

Sparx

Reaction score
Thanks AB Ranger! I don't post often, I'm more a reader than a contributor unfortunately. I'll be sure to throw a couple pics up on the PRC forum for the guys ;-)

Top Bottom