simmons 8 inch

sleslie

Reaction score
I love mine, swapped out my Slydogs for the Gen 3's and couldnt be happier.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gottem on my nytro...best flotation money can by. But yes its tough to turn at times but well worth not going submarine....

powder muncher

Reaction score
If you go for simmons go Gen 2 with the side cut mod.

8 inch is ok in spring stuff but not in the early season deep stuff .

Grind of the inside wear-bars cabides, that does help with the steering , nothing floats like gen 2s .

If you are set on 8 inch the powder hounds 8 inch ( not the 7" ) works pretty good and is way lighter than simmons.

If the weight is no issue for you gen 2 all the way

just my 2 cents worth.

LuckydawgAK

Reaction score
My buddy and I were swapping Nytros the other day. He has Gen III, I have stock. I think the Gen III are great on the trail and in the POW but if you have something "in between", like the snow is set up or POW not so deep then I thought it was hard to throw over but the stocks were still ok. It's was just a trade off. We are both running Skinz A-arms and with the same PSI all the way around on the floats his felt like a lot more front end pressure in that scenario.

The stock skis suck if it's deep enough and the front end submarines. That extra float helps. The situation that I originally had difficulty was releasing the throttle, torque goes away, rapid deceleration, front end down and sometimes ending in a stuck (deep snow). I now compensate and decelerate slower or give it a hit just before I stop.

Anyone running the GEN III's with Skinz A-arm's? I know they tested the A-arms with C and A skis. I'm not familiar with the C&A but the two will act different, probably feel like it's more pressure on the skis with the GEN III's. Might have to fiddle fart with front and rear shocks.

I'm thinking about swapping for more float but I have an Turbo project first.

Top Bottom