Silverlake Manufacturing does a SWEET custom flatbed!

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I decided to step up into SilverLake's newer flatbed design (I had one of the first iteration beds on my truck). I also got lucky enough to be allowed the chance to do some customizing while I was at it!!!

The plan, basic flat bed, add some extra lighting, some custom waterjet cut outs, powdercoat it black and use the ever popular snowmobile track for mudflaps idea!!

The finished product, ohhhh soooo seeexxxyyy!!!:rockon::rockon:

Here is a finished product pic from when I went out dirtbiking the weekend I picked up my truck and bed!

IMG_2753.jpg

And here is the ENTIRE album on FB Facebook Linky

I've been running the Silverlake set up for over 5 years now. I pretty much brought my first sled deck through them and haven't ever felt the need to get ANYTHING else! The welds are top notch and the design suits the needs and style that us sledheads are looking for, in their flatbeds and their sled decks!

If you have any questions check out their website or feel free to message me directly for any 'user' input (I can't answer technical questions about it really but I can give you my experience with their product over the years!)

Hope you enjoy the pics of my flatbed! I can't wait to do a few more little trick things to it for the upcoming season!

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I have been looking at the same deck, sure looks good powder coated black. Did you get in done right from Silver Lake Manufacturing? Can anyone order it powder coated?

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the same deck, sure looks good powder coated black. Did you get in done right from Silver Lake Manufacturing? Can anyone order it powder coated?

Ya, you can order it powdercoated. It certainly adds to the cost though! And makes it so it doesn't look like all alum... but, I still wanted it powdercoated!! Mike told me it was best to order it powdercoated straight from him before he puts all the hardware on it so give him a call or message him on FB or something and see where he's at with custom builds. He gets pretty busy doing custom ones so you gotta be patient and start WELL before winter if you want it before then!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one sexy good looking deck I like the look of this one. looks worth the money and no crazy loading on a high deck on a truck box. Nice deck enjoy.

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I can't believe they are one of the only building a deck like this I have been looking locally for a while for someone to build something similar. Most people want outrageous money and then they miss the concept. The design looks to industrial no style not like the Silver Lake model flatbed. Might have to seriously consider shipping one to Canada no idea what it will cost yet. Absolutely love it in black gives it a whole new look sure sold me glad yoy posted pics.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Very nice! I have been considering getting something like this custom built for a while now but haven't due to the cost of a one-off build.Didn't even realize someone was actually building these.Will definitely be looking into this further.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I have been considering getting something like this custom built for a while now but haven't due to the cost of a one-off build.Didn't even realize someone was actually building these.Will definitely be looking into this further.

pretty sure I seen one of the triler dealers in westlock advertising a similar product. I made note of it somewhere will try to dig up who it was.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I contacted TT industries for a quote on an aluminum flat deck and ramp. They quoted 8500$!!! More than half of what I paid for the truck in the first place.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be seriosly interested in one of these much better lookin fit and finnish than anything I have seen. If you are going to get a few let me know first and may get you to bring one up for me

Will do. I was supposed to go 4 months ago, but sh1t keeps getting in my way.

Shovelking780

Reaction score
American Transportation makes a nice deck but still doesn't have what the Silver Lake has with the place to stow a ramp and capable of hauling two sleds. For the extra money one would be crazy not to go with Silver Lake for what you get. Like I said before can't believe no one else is building such a product.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just checked out their site they appear to have a dealer located in westlock, probably what I had seen

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I've been out of touch on here, traveling for work and then a mini vaca...

I really don't know exactly who they have for dealers. I know Mike is SUPER busy this time of year ramping up for the season but I'll give him a poke (someone messaged me and said they hadn't heard back from him yet) and make sure he knows he has some interested people from Snow and Mud!!

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh man, we got motomikey over here now! Whooo-hooo! Welcome to Snow and Mud Mike and Silverlake!!

I finally took some time last week to stock my boxes with essentials (granted right now it's summer essentials and dirtbike stuff) but I was stoked to have all that room! those boxes are bigger than I thought!! I'm really looking fwd to having that storage and organization (and easily accessible space) this winter! I HIGHLY suggest the boxes if you get a flatbed!

Top Bottom