Signs of winter coming; what have you seen?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hunting season is 5 days away and the tree colours are just starting to change.

i just got home from the gun range... always do that end of the summer even if its +33

Hope you guys don't have the bush closed. I've heard rumours in some sectors that it is a distinct possibility.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is your sign

a-sign-that-says-winter-is-coming-h3bnx9.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing zero signs here Doug. Gonna be the earliest harvest completion for me ever if things don't change. Plus 33 today. Winter is aways away yet.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is close cause I'm constantly on kijiji looking for a new sled!

Tested a 2 stroke at the end of last year. It felt like 1/2 the weight of the turbo!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How early the sun is going down. Working until it's pitch dark is soon. Think I'm looking forward to winter this year, if it is the year I finally get a sled again. Because if it's not a winter of sledding, winter sucks.....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been cooling off a lot more at night, had a couple 7-9 degree mornings and man did that cool crispness feel nice!

Saw some harder than usual nipples....

oh buddy tell me about it, was at the beach Saturday and the scenery was fine... and pokey.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so much a sign of winter coming but maybe a deep snow winter. If the old timers are right saying the amount snow you can plan on getting depends on how high the wasps are building hives off the ground it should be a good snowfall this year in the Pass, everything I've seen so far is 10+ feet off the ground versus some years at 2-3 feet....fingers crossed!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll try and take a couple of pics of my yard, my leaves are going yellow and dropping like mad

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The humming birds have been gone for awhile now. The mountain ash berries are in full color and leaves are turning. I like the cool nights (been anywhere from 2C to 8C and that is a distinct sign that summer is waning) but for the first time since we have be out here, it is still very hot nearing the end of August.

We are going to have to get some heavy rain or there will be no moisture to make snow. I do like what Summit 934 said about the hornet nests. Bring on lots of snow.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was on holidays at the end of July, we stayed in Clearwater for a couple of nights. We seen hornets nests about 10 ft off the ground.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tree stands are up for hunting

Have 14 stands up at the farm and my uncles place.............no matter wind direction there is always a good stand to sit in.

Black poplar leaves and undergrowth changing color......fall is here and winter close behind.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a flock of geese a formed up at quite an altitude. If they haven't started moving it was a pretty impressive and convincing practice run

Top Bottom