Sicamous Sled Shop and Service

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the way big companies deal with the little guy. I have a good friend who was a Polaris dealer that quit because he got tired of Polaris telling him how to run his business and spending his money for him. Unfortunately that is how they all work. What happened here does not surprise me at all. The only way to deal with manufacturers on negotiations like this is by letter through a lawyer so you have something to go back on them if they don't hold up their end of the bargain.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it brp's fault this guy is closing the doors?

Guy starts a sled shop, brp doesn't let him
Have his way so he closes the doors 6 months later.

Maybe I'll start a service shop in revelstoke then gm
Will give me a dealership lol

Burns

Reaction score
I believe the part that is missing is guy had a "deal" to convert to a dealership if he bought out Bow Cycle. Made the deal for Bow and then had Sicamous dealership pulled. Similar model to what Banner has in Golden (& Revy). I don't know for sure but that is what I have gathered reading the different threads on the subject. Pretty crappy way to do business by BRP if that's the case as the Sicamous shop would have been integral to whole Bow Cycle plan.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the part that is missing is guy had a "deal" to convert to a dealership if he bought out Bow Cycle. Made the deal for Bow and then had Sicamous dealership pulled. Don't know for sure but that is what I have gathered reading the difeerent threads on the subject and if it's the case is a pretty crappy deal all around.

I don't know the story, but that is the kind of
Deal you should get in writing...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it brp's fault this guy is closing the doors?

Guy starts a sled shop, brp doesn't let him
Have his way so he closes the doors 6 months later.

Maybe I'll start a service shop in revelstoke then gm
Will give me a dealership lol
Don't forget the 2 big market dealers you need to buy first, likely for something in the 8 digit price range.

I think something is missing to the story here, obviously if BRP had agreed to this in writing then there would be pending legal action and who buys 2 existing dealers to satisfy a word of mouth agreement that a 3rd dealer agreement could follow?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the 2 big market dealers you need to buy first, likely for something in the 8 digit price range.

I think something is missing to the story here, obviously if BRP had agreed to this in writing then there would be pending legal action and who buys 2 existing dealers to satisfy a word of mouth agreement that a 3rd dealer agreement could follow?

Yep more to this story. Sounds like a rich guy having
A temper tantrum to me though...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the case.
Burns is bang on I believe from what I've heard also. That was an expensive building they put up on prime real estate. Without product backing as a dealership probably a tough boat to float. I'm guessing he's just getting out before he's forced to. He's not really a powersports retail guy anyways.

From what I understand of how brp works something written as an agreement like you suggest likely would never happen. They obviously don't have a clue how the industry works out here either if they feel salmon arm is a better place than sicamous for a full dealership. It all started when they started closing the small shops. Their mentality is fuct.

Last edited:

t300

Reaction score
Let brp know your concerns. It may help, may not, but if you don’t then it DEFINITELY won’t help and it’s useless internet chatter. I’ve left them my feedback and they’ve responded. Didn’t make it to sicamous this year but if so I would have made it a point to support MPM

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let brp know your concerns. It may help, may not, but if you don’t then it DEFINITELY won’t help and it’s useless internet chatter. I’ve left them my feedback and they’ve responded. Didn’t make it to sicamous this year but if so I would have made it a point to support MPM

It is disappointing for sure, I stopped in there twice this winter and spent $100-$150 both times on product I didn't really need just to support them.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It almost seems like he was trying to ‘Jim Balsillie’ himself a Sicamous Doo dealership.

I don’t believe that anyone, no matter how rich, extends themselves to the tune of 8 figures without a written agreement unless they’re trying to do some sort of railroad power play. Just my 2 cents.

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just emailed BRP as well. I got a response that person does not work there anymore and they gave me another email.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way I heard it he had an agreement to buy H20 in Sicamous and BRP then pulled H20s franchise so they had nothing to sell. He had started the building renovations by this time and was told if he bought the bow dealerships he could open the Sicamous branch. So it does appear BRP phucked him around. Meawhile Banner is in BRP other ear about its their territory.

Or so the small town rumor mill goes. I don't know anything for fact other than for the employees there it blows.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the way big companies deal with the little guy. I have a good friend who was a Polaris dealer that quit because he got tired of Polaris telling him how to run his business and spending his money for him. Unfortunately that is how they all work. What happened here does not surprise me at all. The only way to deal with manufacturers on negotiations like this is by letter through a lawyer so you have something to go back on them if they don't hold up their end of the bargain.

LOL, yep ! BRP sucks . But Polaris is worse , Says Snopro , hahaha, How predictable this forum is eh.
But to the original post, crappy for a bunch of people , but it sure sounds like a few pieces are missing that's for sure.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, yep ! BRP sucks . But Polaris is worse , Says Snopro , hahaha, How predictable this forum is eh.
But to the original post, crappy for a bunch of people , but it sure sounds like a few pieces are missing that's for sure.
Oh you guys don't even know

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I stopped at mpm every time i was in Sicamous. They had a awesome shop and staff. I just sold my G4 a couple of days ago and was going to spring check another one,I may have to rethink that now. May have to go look at arctic cat now. Been a BRP fanatic most of my life. Sounds like BRP screwed mpm. Hopefully the staff at mpm can find jobs again. Some of them quit other good jobs to take on a position with mpm. Good luck with your further endeavours mpm staff.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I stopped at mpm every time i was in Sicamous. They had a awesome shop and staff. I just sold my G4 a couple of days ago and was going to spring check another one,I may have to rethink that now. May have to go look at arctic cat now. Been a BRP fanatic most of my life. Sounds like BRP screwed mpm. Hopefully the staff at mpm can find jobs again. Some of them quit other good jobs to take on a position with mpm. Good luck with your further endeavours mpm staff.
Thanks Kenton, I'll pass it on to the others

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only was in MPM Once and it was due to a rave valve issue on my xm between Christmas and New Years, had me back on the hill within a hour! Service and staff were great! Sad to hear, where's the price list for the rental fleet being sold?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only was in MPM Once and it was due to a rave valve issue on my xm between Christmas and New Years, had me back on the hill within a hour! Service and staff were great! Sad to hear, where's the price list for the rental fleet being sold?
2 left, a 18 165 and a 550 tundra, may change as all others are pending sales

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is Lenny. Very predictable. Still reading what you want to read in a post, making up your own conclusions and running with it in true troll fashion. Reread my post with your eyes open this time.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Jeff that really suck's man. I was a little optimistic when you did the move but life is some times about taking a chance...sorry to hear. I'm sure everything will work out.

I do find it funny that Banner and BRP are being blamed, like there is alot of unknowns plus alot of people on here that really don't understand what it takes to be a dealer.
I think someone didn't do there home work and figured having a pretty shop with great service would surfice. Well i can tell you it doesn't, when Darick Bannister started his first store in Kelowna he had to put out 1million up front just to be able to carry them three letters saying BRP on the building out of good faith. Then all other contract agreements had to be met to become a dealer. It is not black and white as many think.
I know this as i was involved with BRP and still a good friend of Darick. It is called business and being able to carry BRP on your building is not easy and very costly with alot of obligations.
Being i knew some of the requirements and those obligations involved, i wasn't surprised but i am at the fact they are closing the doors for that reason. Talk about miss leading your now jobless employees for not doing your diligent homework. That my thought.

Keep your head up Jeff

Top Bottom