Sicamous Sled Shop and Service

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also i should mention that it took Darick nearly a year to secure the contract with BRP and it was kept secret till weeks before it was official. Three other player were trying to get it at the same time. That million he put out was non refundable and payed out of good faith and the only way they would consider you a serious player.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also i should mention that it took Darick nearly a year to secure the contract with BRP and it was kept secret till weeks before it was official. Three other player were trying to get it at the same time. That million he put out was non refundable and payed out of good faith and the only way they would consider you a serious player.
Non-refundable? I would assume if BRP didn't give you the dealership the money would be refunded.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they give you a receipt titled "bribe money" so you can use it as a deduction against your income?

Seems like ligit buissness.
Not.
French Mafia.

Obviously money wasn't the issue.
And the guy currently owns both bow cycle locations........

My guess is that someone at BRP actually wanted a westerner to suck their cork.

Guy knows where to draw the line and I can respect that.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this fellow in Sicamous just lost a million bucks on an application? Find that hard to believe and dought any one would step up to open a franchise if that was the case.

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this fellow in Sicamous just lost a million bucks on an application? Find that hard to believe and dought any one would step up to open a franchise if that was the case.

I believe it. It costs $800,000 to qualify for a Hooters franchise.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it. It costs $800,000 to qualify for a Hooters franchise.
You have to prove you have the means?

Or you have to hand them a paper bag with $800K in it?

Pretty sure for most franchise you apply and pay a franchise fee when approved. But there is paperwork and everything is street legal.

This $1million pay to apply thing from BRP is one of the greasiest things I have ever heard.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet it is non-refundable if brp chooses to proceed to ensure their time isn't wasted. But if brp chooses not to proceed, your money is refunded.

Otherwise, who would ever, ever attempt a dealership?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Let me tell you a little story, a true one LOL
My brother inlaw and i own a window and door business. Euroclad building products, West Kelowna. We are small compared to BRP but here is the story.
We created a window frame system that we patent almost 20 years ago. About 15 years ago we were approached by a much larger firm in our business to carry our product and they also wanted 51% of the shares.
My brother in law and i agreed to look at their proposal for $80,000 up front in cash. They accepted, at the end of the day they purchased 49% of our business as silent partners for $300,000, plus the non refundable $80,000 in cash to me and my brother in law. After 5 years we bought them out again and now we are 100% owners again.
Moral of this story, that is business, its done all the time and its the way to show respect to your proposed partnership and seriousness of doing legit business.

Look us up https://eurocladsystems.com/

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me tell you a little story, a true one LOL
My brother inlaw and i own a window and door business. Euroclad building products, West Kelowna. We are small compared to BRP but here is the story.
We created a window frame system that we patent almost 20 years ago. About 15 years ago we were approached by a much larger firm in our business to carry our product and they also wanted 51% of the shares.
My brother in law and i agreed to look at their proposal for $80,000 up front in cash. They accepted, at the end of the day they purchased 49% of our business as silent partners for $300,000, plus the non refundable $80,000 in cash to me and my brother in law. After 5 years we bought them out again and now we are 100% owners again.
Moral of this story, that is business, its done all the time and its the way to show respect to your proposed partnership and seriousness of doing legit business.

Look us up https://eurocladsystems.com/
Good story but I don't think he was trying to buy half of BRP.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what i remember, there were 3 bidding on the BRP dealership in Kelowna. Darick was one and the owner at the time of M&M performance, Allan. Don't know who the other dude was and do not know what they put out on the table for BRP at the time. Just what Darick did.

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of my GP water hauling mafia days. Greasy as it gets. True story.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is Lenny. Very predictable. Still reading what you want to read in a post, making up your own conclusions and running with it in true troll fashion. Reread my post with your eyes open this time.

LOL. I understood the subliminal part of your message just fine. All good , gotta defend the flag.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can choose to believe what ever you wish. No big deal to me.
Oh I believe you.
But I don't think your quite on the same extortion level as BRP.

I'll look you up for windows on my next project. Who sells them in Edmonton?

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet it is non-refundable if brp chooses to proceed to ensure their time isn't wasted. But if brp chooses not to proceed, your money is refunded.

Otherwise, who would ever, ever attempt a dealership?

That is correct, there was a time it was much easier to get a dealer ship from BRP. But they have been burnt too many times and only the most serious contenders are accepted to look at. Unfortunately in these cases money talks on your seriousness.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is correct, there was a time it was much easier to get a dealer ship from BRP. But they have been burnt too many times and only the most serious contenders are accepted to look at. Unfortunately in these cases money talks on your seriousness.
The guy built a multi million dollar facility.

I don't think he would have done that without being led down the rabbit hole.

What is gonna happen to the building now?
Banner going to buy it?

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy built a multi million dollar facility.

I don't think he would have done that without being led down the rabbit hole.

What is gonna happen to the building now?
Banner going to buy it?

Maybe instead of building a building he should had been making trips to Sherbrook and meeting with BRP big wigs with a business proposal. He might have to fly more then once and convince them he's the guy and maybe grease a few palms as Banner has a pretty good grip in the area. AND maybe they would had excepted his proposal and business plan, to me it doesn't look like he had one other then he built a shop. Big deal that's the easy part, the shop.
But instead he created a pretty shop and took good people from their good jobs with i'm sure promises in a chance of it happening.
Lesson learn, first get your deal in place, signed and sealed. Then build and hire.
Now people are out of work, the blame belong in one place, too bad it effected others.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Jeff that really suck's man. I was a little optimistic when you did the move but life is some times about taking a chance...sorry to hear. I'm sure everything will work out.

I do find it funny that Banner and BRP are being blamed, like there is alot of unknowns plus alot of people on here that really don't understand what it takes to be a dealer.
I think someone didn't do there home work and figured having a pretty shop with great service would surfice. Well i can tell you it doesn't, when Darick Bannister started his first store in Kelowna he had to put out 1million up front just to be able to carry them three letters saying BRP on the building out of good faith. Then all other contract agreements had to be met to become a dealer. It is not black and white as many think.
I know this as i was involved with BRP and still a good friend of Darick. It is called business and being able to carry BRP on your building is not easy and very costly with alot of obligations.
Being i knew some of the requirements and those obligations involved, i wasn't surprised but i am at the fact they are closing the doors for that reason. Talk about miss leading your now jobless employees for not doing your diligent homework. That my thought.

Keep your head up Jeff
Ya thanks Mike, the hole thing is pretty fawked up

But guess now I'm not tongue tied and can talk sh!t about banner again with out getting my peep peep slaped

Oh did you guy know banner sucks my white azz, whuue that feels great to say again

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped there a few times this year and bought some stuff whether I needed them or not. That service was needed in Sicamous/Revy. Hats off to them for trying. It’s unfortunate that they couldn’t make it work. I don’t ride doo and never will but they provided great service. I don’t think anyone did all that work without the intention of succeeding. Unfortunate but hope the employees all find their way to something else.

Top Bottom