Sicamous Sled Shop and Service

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also i should mention that it took Darick nearly a year to secure the contract with BRP and it was kept secret till weeks before it was official. Three other player were trying to get it at the same time. That million he put out was non refundable and payed out of good faith and the only way they would consider you a serious player.

Derek may have put up a non refundable of $1 million but that is not how you have to deal with BRP. You are required to prove you are financially stable to the tune of $1 million in the bank, a significant line of credit, have an approved business model and able to produce a building to BRP's liking. That is what was told to me less than 2 years ago. I would suppose offering up a non refundable bag of cash might show you are more than interested but is not needed and would be a foolish thing to do in my opinion.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thanks Mike, the hole thing is pretty fawked up

But guess now I'm not tongue tied and can talk sh!t about banner again with out getting my peep peep slaped

Oh did you guy know banner sucks my white azz, whuue that feels great to say again

Don’t know you from Adam, but if you had to keep your mouth shut in the first place... then you might have known **** would go sideways. my 2 cents anyway.

****ty deal, but pretty sure it will never play out on some interweb play

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t know you from Adam, but if you had to keep your mouth shut in the first place... then you might have known **** would go sideways. my 2 cents anyway.

****ty deal, but pretty sure it will never play out on some interweb play
Ya well this hole area needs someone other than sh!tty banner which is what we would have done

This is my personal opinion from way back even before mpm, same as 99 % of the people around here that ride doo

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well this hole area needs someone other than sh!tty banner which is what we would have done

This is my personal opinion from way back even before mpm, same as 99 % of the people around here that ride doo

There are other reputable dealers close by (other than Doo) that could use peoples business as well. Just waiting to sell you a better sled too.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a ****load of doo’s out there and they will take a hit this year, but it will not be a blip on their radar.
Ouer a few years people either don’t care or want to go back. it’s big business and we are just a little part of the BS.

Pick your poison, because it is all the same. If you don’t have a decent dealer, you are screwed over every time.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Derek may have put up a non refundable of $1 million but that is not how you have to deal with BRP. You are required to prove you are financially stable to the tune of $1 million in the bank, a significant line of credit, have an approved business model and able to produce a building to BRP's liking. That is what was told to me less than 2 years ago. I would suppose offering up a non refundable bag of cash might show you are more than interested but is not needed and would be a foolish thing to do in my opinion.

Honestly i don't know all the in and out of the deal just what he told me. He was a close friend at the time, i was going to run the Kelowna store as his general manager and Banners head of their race department, needless to say they no longer have that LOL. That was a long time ago and i went a different direction.
Thus why i no longer deal with Doo's.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean if Banner would open shop in Salmon Arm you would past on that???
Oh hell ya, ya know it's mabe not sooooooo much Kelowna, Kamloops banner

It's Vernon banner that sucks ball sack

And unfortunately, when it's one out of a group, gives them ALL A BAD NAME

So should I have to drive 2 hrs for warranty service?? , mine as well drive 2 more and know it's fixed right

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh hell ya, ya know it's mabe not sooooooo much Kelowna, Kamloops banner

It's Vernon banner that sucks ball sack

And unfortunately, when it's one out of a group, gives them ALL A BAD NAME

So should I have to drive 2 hrs for warranty service?? , mine as well drive 2 more and know it's fixed right

Darick is really a good guy, honestly, a straight shooter and cares for his employees. You really need to "F" up before he's done with you and then some.
The stores are managed independently and he tries very hard to stay clear of his managers so ya if Vernon are douches it would be only them as per the managers way of doing things.
If i was you i wouldn't throw the bathwater out with the baby, if you know what i mean. There could be an opportunity sitting there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darick is really a good guy, honestly, a straight shooter and cares for his employees. You really need to "F" up before he's done with you and then some.
The stores are managed independently and he tries very hard to stay clear of his managers so ya if Vernon are douches it would be only them as per the managers way of doing things.
If i was you i wouldn't throw the bathwater out with the baby, if you know what i mean. There could be an opportunity sitting there.
Na I'm good, I wanted to work in sicamous and not drive to salmon Arm

He's mabe good, but like I said one banner sucks, makes them all look bad

And I have at least 10 examples of very bad work done from Vernon

I also feel b.r.p needs to be in sicamous and not salmon Arm, just makes more sense

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na I'm good, I wanted to work in sicamous and not drive to salmon Arm

He's mabe good, but like I said one banner sucks, makes them all look bad

And I have at least 10 examples of very bad work done from Vernon

I also feel b.r.p needs to be in sicamous and not salmon Arm, just makes more sense

OK
Going to be ripping it up at Eagles and then Turtle on the 24 and 25 with Dano. Join us if you want.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK
Going to be ripping it up at Eagles and then Turtle on the 24 and 25 with Dano. Join us if you want.
Might be able to do that, I have some time now

And Jackie is gone to Europe, so Taylor and I are sledding all week batching it

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally know and have heard of alot of people switching to Arctic Cat for next year, nothing to do with the MPM thing but because of 850 thing.... People are sick of them, and those new Cats absolutely rip. After a year the Cats are holding up, not taking out belts and motors... Big selling feature for me is you can replace the rear tunnel if you fold it. There's a riveted seam, cheap part , fixed! ... If you fold a tunnel on a 8fitty it's 5-10k.
Cat's don't quite have fit and finish of Doo, but man they just work... Rode with one, I was blown away.... I think the local hills will look alot more green/orange/purple next year....

PS , sorry to hear about MPM, very unfortunate, heard nothing but good things about the place, ppl.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you will see a lot of doo riders on cats next season.

I think most of them will be back on a Doo within 1 season though.

Top Bottom