Shuswap River Closure

Turbs

Reaction score
Hi all

The Shuswap River is going to get shut down without your support to motorized boats on most of the river and a 10 hp limit from Mara lake to the trinity valley bridge . We need your support. Please go to backusracing.com website home page and fill out the survey. We are also looking for members to get a boating association started as we need to proceed against this. You can reach me at drzee@telus.net

Thanks for helping
Dave

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Filled out the form that Rene put up on f.b

Don't go up the river mind u, bit still use mara... still need to stop these granola eating fawk tards and there b.s reason's for closure

If I could find the f.b post and paste it, It's retarded

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of bs. That is where we ski and have allways.spring run off does the damage not boat wakes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of bs. That is where we ski and have allways.spring run off does the damage not boat wakes.
110% Bob, but somehow they have left info out and put info in that it's the boats

Friggin granola eating fawk tards, go to Vancouver and fawk sh!t up there, just not here

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
110% Bob, but somehow they have left info out and put info in that it's the boats

Friggin granola eating fawk tards, go to Vancouver and fawk sh!t up there, just not here

so jeff tell us how you really feel?

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is it closed now? I'll be there in less than a month with my tub, would be nice to see it before it closes down or is restricted.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody needs to go the online survey and have your say,

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it the granola eaters causing the problem or wake boats cruising by with a four foot roller behind them playing ****ty music way to loud? I've never been to this spot but seen lots of this kind of behaviour piss of waterfront property owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if there are a lot of wake boats heading up the river but I have seen guys with boats going well beyond reasonable speed on the Shuswap river and now we are paying the consequences of these idiots potentially ruining it for everyone.

Is it the granola eaters causing the problem or wake boats cruising by with a four foot roller behind them playing ****ty music way to loud? I've never been to this spot but seen lots of this kind of behaviour piss of waterfront property owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if there are a lot of wake boats heading up the river but I have seen guys with boats going well beyond reasonable speed on the Shuswap river and now we are paying the consequences of these idiots potentially ruining it for everyone.
I dont see wake boats up there because they draft too much I think. Those of us skiing up there in comp boats runs short stretches in the middle and drop the skier to turnaround with no power and no wake. We like flat water to ski and drive to preserve the water. Is that viwed as excessive speed?

The lake is often just a sirred up mess by all the 100 grand wakeboats loaded with ballast pulling someone that can hardly stand and power turning to pick them up. I agree with the comment about the loud music.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are talking about two separate areas of the river. I assume you are closer to Mara than further upstream where I am talking about (closer to Enderby).

I dont see wake boats up there because they draft too much I think. Those of us skiing up there in comp boats runs short stretches in the middle and drop the skier to turnaround with no power and no wake. We like flat water to ski and drive to preserve the water. Is that viwed as excessive speed?

The lake is often just a sirred up mess by all the 100 grand wakeboats loaded with ballast pulling someone that can hardly stand and power turning to pick them up. I agree with the comment about the loud music.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But they are trying to close both upper and lower to less than 10 hp

Which a crock of crap, joel has a custom weld River boat with a 9.9 kicker

So by law he could run that up and down the river, but the wake would be 100 times worse than if he was at plain with the jet going

It's just retarded in the thought process of the group trying to close it

Last edited:
Top Bottom