Should I Buy a 2012 850 XP?

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking? Either 30" zillas or 28" mega? So rzrgade, you really like the zillas?

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would 30/11's on all four corners make the quad a little unstable? We do lots of climbing and river valley trips. Whats the top speed with 30/11's?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am reviving this thread because I am really thinking about a 2013 800R XT Outlander, but for 2-$3000 less I can get an 2013 850xp,.. The only thing that concerns me is the belt drive system,.. which is easier to work on and more reliable,.. even when adding a clutch kit?

Thanks,

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are great bikes, the clutching is better on the 850 XP hands down. The belt is an easy change but you will go a long time on a 850 before having to change a belt. Stock clutching will run 30 inch tires with no issues what so ever....these are the two best big bore bikes out right now...imo.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are great bikes, the clutching is better on the 850 XP hands down. The belt is an easy change but you will go a long time on a 850 before having to change a belt. Stock clutching will run 30 inch tires with no issues what so ever....these are the two best big bore bikes out right now...imo.

Exactly as posted..

I ran 30 inch zilla tires. 4300 km in 3 years. Original belt. And I drove it very hard. It was a great quad.

Sold it when I got a 900 xp Rzr . May get another 850xp not sure yet.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bang for the buck,the 850 is the best deal out there...........But if your into mudding,the 650 xmr is no slouch as well !!

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A quick question about changing belts? How do you open the secondary clutch to change the belt. The team secondary on the sleds have a threaded hole to screw in a tool to open the sheeves. I could'nt find one on the quad?

devin3

Reaction score
theres a tool in your tool kit that came with the quad one side is for adjusting the shock and the other side is use to open the sheaves just stick it in the holes on either side of the secondary and pry it open

2013850xp

Reaction score
I bought a 2013 stealth black 850 xp last April and I love it best smoothest ride. Don't have much done to it yet but I have 27 inch sti black diamond xtr on it and a hmf swamp series xl pipe! To come is a snorkel kit and maybe a 2 inch lift when my 27s are done. All around good quad so far very impressed with this machine! Any one have anymore suggestions on what I should do to my machine I ride lots of mud and water. Not insanely deep but the odd time yes. So if anyone has any sudgest ions lets me know!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013850xp

Reaction score
I was thinking rad relocate but I still want space on my racks for stuff aswell I know it would help lots like right now I have a rad screen that I just pull out and clean and then it's ok but ya it would help lots if I didnt need to do that lol that's a decission I have to make now! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, and then finally did my kingquad the last year I had. Wish I would have done it when I first got it. No overheating problems is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Top Bottom