Shootout! 2017 Ski-Doo 165 Summit 850 vs. 2018 Arctic Cat 162 M8000

Dakine879

Reaction score
Not to start an argument, i do agree with your sentiment, however BRP which manufacturers the sleds are not the same company that is currently sucking off the federal gov't loans.

BRP is wholly owned by the Bombardier family and the Bain investment group from the US

Dakine879

Reaction score
It defiantly was BRP, If there not asking the GOV for money they need to sue for it... Really shows their true colours :p bunch of skum they are.

Not to start an argument, i do agree with your sentiment, however BRP which manufacturers the sleds are not the same company that is currently sucking off the federal gov't loans.

BRP is wholly owned by the Bombardier family and the Bain investment group from the US

(who knows they might try to sue you for slander)

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
I pulled the video down because too many people misinterpreted the message and I was tired of having to moderate stupid comments based on fictional beliefs. I'm not referring to the S&M crowd but some of the comments people were writing on youtube were over the top. Although I find most of the crap talk to be absolutely hilarious, there is a fairly vocal minority within the snowmobile community that is so opinionated and such a bunch of haters that its not worth giving them any material to work with. To those that are reasonable and mature, THANK YOU!!!

idoocat

Reaction score
Snowrideadventures, is there any chance i can get you to send me the video? From the reasonable comments on this thread it sounds like your video was unbiased and very well done. I currently have 2015 163 T3 and debating whether to snow check the new 850 or Snowpro. I had a chance to ride the new Cat last week and was very impressed. thx

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could also just turn off comments altogether for that video. YouTube comments are right up there for being just the most awful at the best of times anyway.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a good video showcasing how far cat has come in a few years, too bad you had to remove it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Snowrideadventures, is there any chance i can get you to send me the video? From the reasonable comments on this thread it sounds like your video was unbiased and very well done. I currently have 2015 163 T3 and debating whether to snow check the new 850 or Snowpro. I had a chance to ride the new Cat last week and was very impressed. thx

Its still on the SnowRide Adventures Facebook page. I've put a couple days on the Mountain Cat since doing the vid, pretty safe to say all brands are doing a descent job, however if you're used to Ski Doo, might be hard to change.

idoocat

Reaction score
Thanks for the video, nicely done! I actually jumped from Cat to Ski Doo after dumping too much monies into my 2012 ProClimb. I really like my Ski Doo but I’m still not completely comfortable on it, sometimes it’s just not predictable. Can you tell me what the difference is between the SnoPro and Mountain Cat? thx

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the video, nicely done! I actually jumped from Cat to Ski Doo after dumping too much monies into my 2012 ProClimb. I really like my Ski Doo but I’m still not completely comfortable on it, sometimes it’s just not predictable. Can you tell me what the difference is between the SnoPro and Mountain Cat? thx

Shocks and color is all I've noticed.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Snowrider, I Just checked out your cat/doo shootout on the facecrack there. I gotta say that is the most professional and unbiased comparison of any of the big 3 800's I've ever seen. Very well done. Not sure how anybody can hate on that, but some folks just got nothin better to do. Thanks again for the honest real world comparison. Get out and RIDE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom