Shootout#2!!!! 2017 Ski-Doo 165 Summit 850 vs. 2018 Arctic Cat-162 Mountain Cat M8000

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:sadbanana:.....this is the game changing part of the track....you fool :alol2:

I'm thinking if your more of a geek over hands on this is very impressive and a great feature, even game changing LOL.
174x16 has approx. 1392" of riding surface.
174x15 has approx. 1305" of riding surface.
But in a real life practical way, those pictures say it all, 16" wide tracks have ZERO advantage other then its another tool that the sell's man use to sell the sled and can actually say "We have the biggest track in the industry".......I say yes you do, to bad you don't know how to use it.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking if your more of a geek over hands on this is very impressive and a great feature, even game changing LOL.
174x16 has approx. 1392" of riding surface.
174x15 has approx. 1305" of riding surface.
But in a real life practical way, those pictures say it all, 16" wide tracks have ZERO advantage other then its another tool that the sell's man use to sell the sled and can actually say "We have the biggest track in the industry".......I say yes you do, to bad you don't know how to use it.

it has no advantage for old nitro riding goofs like you touring around. But there is no comparison to a 16" wide track where it matters, steep,deep,thick bush.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems to be just a BRP thing, trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the customer, prototype g4's were like that, them saying the 800 etec was way more powerful than it actually was for years, running a "hotter" Ecu on pre production models is also something Ive heard plenty over the 6 years of the 800 etec, cat and polaris seem to shoot a little straighter than them crooks from BRP

I thought the comparison was very fair. But let see how the production cats run, cause it seems the prototype G4s were better.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the comparison was very fair. But let see how the production cats run, cause it seems the prototype G4s were better.

The production models will be 12 lbs lighter and 6 pounds of that is roatating mass. AC has been playing catch up for a few years now but have stayed the course, there changes improve the sled and stay reliable. I am not saying the 18 sleds are world beaters but they are as good or better than any other manufacture has to offer.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys all kill me. High school is out. All the sleds from all the big 4 are awesome FFS, ride, exchange useful information and keep moving forward. Some dude on S&M keep stirring up ****.

Grow TFU.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sleds from all the big 4 are not
awesome. Far from it.

Give your head a shake Its peeps like you that pull S&M into ****-show. Believe it or not a lot pretty cool peeps sign up to learn about S&M stuff and there is a vast amount of knowledge in the peeps that are on here and I totally appreciate all their assistance as well as others have and I am sure that do not post very often or ever. Thanks to everyone that helps makes this site a great place to find great info

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's right all good sleds if you think about it and this guy would embarrass you so stop stirring the pot or come to cranbrook and have Shawn destroy you on a short track

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I think the main thing everyone should take from this video is Cat is for SURE back in the game! that thing is a powerhouse there is no denying that! Im glad! And everyone else should be too! For so many years now its been TWO brands competing for king of the hill for two stroke sleds... Now there is three.... Watch what happens to innovations now.. Things are going to happen much faster.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the main thing everyone should take from this video is Cat is for SURE back in the game! that thing is a powerhouse there is no denying that! Im glad! And everyone else should be too! For so many years now its been TWO brands competing for king of the hill for two stroke sleds... Now there is three.... Watch what happens to innovations now.. Things are going to happen much faster.

no they arent its still a 12 year old chassis. its just faster and smoother in a straight line now LMAO. its got that etec smoothness.......old news LOL

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So long as they out live the 850 and already proven in the video to out pull the 850, so should make all manufacturers work harder to come out with better junk!!!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they arent its still a 12 year old chassis. its just faster and smoother in a straight line now LMAO. its got that etec smoothness.......old news LOL

they are all awesome. but some are awesomer than others :pound:

hey, Daag is back using his real name this time.........

Top Bottom