Shockwave Toyhauler Review

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 25ft or so Toyhauler. Shockwave makes a 25ft layout we like. Anyone have any experience with a Shockwave or even any Forest River Toyhauler. I would appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Thanks

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a forest river toy hauler not sure what model (big fifth wheel )one that he bought brand new this year it's been a pos. fridge,furnace and onan generator have all chit the bed in he first year Also had structural issues as well as some 12 volt electric problems

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a Forest River toy hauler that I bought 3 years ago. It's been great had a few minor issues but overall it's been a good unit and never had any issues that required taking it to the dealer. I would buy one again and plan on keeping this one for a few more years

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a voltage 3950 a few years back, been very good to me, yanked it from Mexico to alaska and over all it's been great, but it's heavy.. Went to a 3990 voltage for this year, and plan to pull threw us loaded again with maverick in the back

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fred. Any issues with the Voltage? I would look at a fifth wheel too. I am not too familiar with the Toyhaulers out there. We used to have a 30ft Corsair (General Coach version) that was a great trailer. We now have a Nash (not near the quality). We want a good quality Toyhauler. There seems to be such a range of quality out there.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Father in law bought a Voltage (made by Dutchman) nothing but problems. He beefed up the springs and tires after his first trip, too light for MFG load capacities. Electrical issues, appliance issues and nothing but a fight for warranty on a brand new 5th in the first year to get work done.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had good luck over all with our 2014 3950, on the second year we had a slide problem, but local dealer got it working... I wish they would of made the slides hydraulic since there is hydraulics already in the trailer for the jacks.. but we had no electrical problems of any kind, it's well built

heard keystone took over the voltage line or bought out Dutchmen, but never had any issues on how they treated me, overall we have had a few touhaulers and friends with the raptor and xlr and heartland... They are all very nice, but we bought voltage again.. Their quality is in a league of their own

Thanks Fred. Any issues with the Voltage? I would look at a fifth wheel too. I am not too familiar with the Toyhaulers out there. We used to have a 30ft Corsair (General Coach version) that was a great trailer. We now have a Nash (not near the quality). We want a good quality Toyhauler. There seems to be such a range of quality out there.

Top Bottom