Shockwave Helix for 09 XP

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some info about the Shockwave Helix. The good. The bad. I am far from a clutching tuner so please keep it in terms anyone can understand

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy it.... I run one as well the quick clickers. Keeps the rpm up without clickering so much. Little harder on rollers as the arms are thinner, but ohh well.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A normal helix has fixed angles, the shockwave helix allows you to adjust the angle quick and easy on the hill. I've got one no longer being used since I went with DJ setup, PM me if you're interested in buying it.

tpollon2

Reaction score
I love mine on a 2008 XP. You also have a choice of either a strait adjustable helix say 41,42,44,46 or whatever. Or variable 46/42,44/40,48/44,47/43. I run the variable arms. I do own the straight arms as well. they are interchangeable. I believe the reversed variable arms are available as well. Example 43/47

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did you switch to the DJ setup? I've been on the fence between the DJ or the Shockwave

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Shockwave as well if you decide to go that way. It is used very little.

Which do you think is a better helix? DJ or the Shockwave. I ride only in the mountains in different snow conditions all the time, from fluffy powder one weekend to heavy wet the next. This is the reason I am leaning toward the Shockwave. I have also heard running high torque rollers is a good way of offsetting the wear due to the narrow helix.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not really a fair comparison between DJ (or Cutler, etc.) helix and Shockwave helix. The Shockwave is adjustable to let you do the clutch tuning. DJ, Cutler, whatever kit is a fixed setup where you buy helix, springs, primary weights, etc bolt it in and it's known to work. With due respect it sounds safer for you to go with a known clutch kit and start learning the basics from there like clicker position vs RPM vs elevation. Hope this helps cheers.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you run shockwave make sure you use High torque roller's its a must.

Top Bottom