Shipping firearms

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience shipping a firearm lately? Recommendations? Advice? I haven’t done it for quite some time, but it seems like there are some stupid hoops to jump through since the libs started banning everything under the sun.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always try snow and mud courier service page... unless your shipping it south I suppose.

Anyone have experience shipping a firearm lately? Recommendations? Advice? I haven’t done it for quite some time, but it seems like there are some stupid hoops to jump through since the libs started banning everything under the sun.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last I was aware, still had to use Canada Post for firearms and I think it was purolator (maybe other couriers too) for ammunition. That’s for within Canada anyway.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada Post and I believe the new rules are you have to set up “small business” account.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada Post and I believe the new rules are you have to set up “small business” account.

That what we’ve found. Fed-ex won’t ship fire arms, and you need to set up a “solutions for small business” account with Canada Post. Then you have to print off a $25 firearms label and attach it to the outside of your package. You must pack your said firearm in a rigid case, that is locked, with the fire arm trigger locked inside, along with making sure the bolt or firing pin is removed, (always removed the bolt anyway).

Basically, If you’re going to ship something used, you’re going to be out a case and a trigger lock. I’m going to call the CFO this morning, along with Canada post for some clarity, because this chit is out of hand.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve also heard that the post office can get pretty rough with firearms, so if there’s optics I’ve been told to remove them, as you’re going to have to remdoint anyways

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last November I sold a F-arm to the Yukon to a buyer thru Canada post thru COD.{charge on Delivery} the buyer got his good in exc condition .
I Package it in a cardboard box an wrap it with brown paper, just call the firearm centre to ensure the buyer is legit etc, just trying to help you out.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That what we’ve found. Fed-ex won’t ship fire arms, and you need to set up a “solutions for small business” account with Canada Post. Then you have to print off a $25 firearms label and attach it to the outside of your package. You must pack your said firearm in a rigid case, that is locked, with the fire arm trigger locked inside, along with making sure the bolt or firing pin is removed, (always removed the bolt anyway).

Basically, If you’re going to ship something used, you’re going to be out a case and a trigger lock. I’m going to call the CFO this morning, along with Canada post for some clarity, because this chit is out of hand.

Sorry, but this is f-ing rediculous.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it’s Communist Post thats making it difficult. The CFO said, as long as there are no markings on the outside of the box indicating it’s a firearm, it should be fine. Bolt removed, and preferably trigger locked. Also, if it’s shipped in a gun case, they’ll treat it as if it’s a gun. Doesn’t matter if it’s full of skittles. The first attempt was at a post office in Ottawa. The seller got it shipped, without issue in a small county outside the city. Fu(k liberals..

Top Bottom