Sherwood Park Honda

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you out there have any experiences with the new guys at Sherwood Park Honda? We took our quads in last week for an oil change and got charged $225!!! for one quad. They chrarged 52 bucks to clean it (half hour shop rate) and it wasn't even clean. Then they tried to get another $260 out of me to change the front brakes. Told them I won't be back. :nono:

I guarantee that you will make sure your machine is clean before you take it in to another shop...guy in town here charges shop rate to wash your machine too but he tells you that up front......

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had awesome service at Riverside Yamaha, but you do pay full price. I had a flat tire one day we were heading out and they snuck me in and put on a new tire for no charge to get me on my trip. I had put new mud lights on about two months prior, so they we fairly new and I had bought the machine there that same year. Other service that was done racked up the bills, but nothing I could argue about, as the hourly rate is what it is. It just encouraged me to put a 45,000 btu heater in my shop so I would get off my ass and do my own work.

Riverside Honda, well, I had a couple of bad experiences but each time I brought it to their attention they took care of me without question. It sucked that mistakes had happened, but I guess thats human. The fact that I had to storm in and demand that they fix it also sucked, but to their credit, they did exactly what I had asked without any further hassle. To sum up, the manager was great but they may have had an inexperienced tech.

Westlock sure took good care of me. I was only in there a couple times as well, but they were so great I walked in to their showroom and dropped $800 bucks on accessories I really didn't need.

There are my 2cents about dealer experiences.

crewcabguy

Reaction score
For a newer dealership like Sherwood Honda , to be a bit agressive in billing when they are still tying to establish themselves, equates to pure foolishness. I wonder what business school the service manager went to?,,,(rhetorical question),,lol but really,,charging rates like that,, wont get any return business from me.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Gibbons BRP.
I have NOT been overly excited about Martin or Riverside (Amazing how little power you get when someone forgets to loktight a bolt on your clutch!!). Martin did a 10hr check & tune, added a synthetic rope to the winch...about $1000 later..?!!!! :rant:

daddy e

Reaction score
i bought my at Cycle Works in edmonton and paid over $350.00 for my firist oil change Plus they where goning to charge me for a new battery of $150.00on a machance that was two weeks old. Needless to say I will never go back there.

KingCyclone

Reaction score
AAAH! Cycle Jerks! Dont even get me going on them. Bought a brand new Polaris there 2 years ago. Thing wouldnt run. After not neven 15 hours run time I took it in. They charged me over $600. Said it needed a new throttle linkage! After 15 HOURS! Worst part was..Polaris agreed with them! Told me it was not warranty. Said it was part of "regular maintenance" Yup, thats right. I laughed in their face. I have bought 3 more Hondas since then. All at Gateway. Wont be back to Cycle Jerks or Polaris.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Gibbons BRP.
I have NOT been overly excited about Martin or Riverside (Amazing how little power you get when someone forgets to loktight a bolt on your clutch!!). Martin did a 10hr check & tune, added a synthetic rope to the winch...about $1000 later..?!!!! :rant:

Yeah, that's crazy. My dad took my renegade out for a rip after it's first service and the front wheel fell off. They had the wheels off to check the alignment and forgot to torque them. Thank god he was going slow and not further up the mountain.

Civic Power in Westlock will likely be the next guys to get my service dollars. They were great with my sled. My brother did mention that Gibbons was very good too, so they may get a try as well. It's nice to hear other people saying that cuz I need all the reassurance I can get.

Maybe I should open a dealership that charges fair shop rates and tries to help their customers without them begging, threatening, or spending a million bucks....hmmm.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll give you all of my service and maintenance work on 4 quads and a dirt bike if you do..........

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Well I know one thing, IF hubby ever looses his job I know where he can make a lot of money, servicing quads. What you guys pay for regular maintenance is ridiculous, cars are the same). Sure glad he is a mechanic. No he does not want side jobs!!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep im gonna have a going out for buisness sale 1 free quad wash with every $400.00 oil change...any takers:d

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sundre yamaha 50.00 to tell me that they couldn't fix a shock on my sled sent it to ontario total rebuilt it for under a 100.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get a sick feeling whenever I go to a dealership for service because there's a good chance they're going to try and bend me over.

On the bright side I had some fork seals replaced 3 yrs ago at Riverside and they charged me what they had said up front. It wasn't cheap, but it was what they said.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya what he said..get the price up front..even a written estimate..something to agree on..any unauthorized work will not be paid for...funny thing is these dealers know of sites like snow and mud and work gets around..why would they do it to themselves..now do ya think anyone is gonna deal with sherwood honda again.we are not here to slander anyone.but chatting with one an other is cool

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just had a dirt bike fixed at sherwood honda i dealt with dave the pricing was fair and the service was outstanding. there is always two sides to a story,i know if i take any of our 4 quads in for service i make sure that they are clean for the tech. to work on them,

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just had a dirt bike fixed at sherwood honda i dealt with dave the pricing was fair and the service was outstanding. there is always two sides to a story,i know if i take any of our 4 quads in for service i make sure that they are clean for the tech. to work on them,

just need to know..did you buy the machines from there?

Top Bottom