> realized he had pissed me off. People who succeed in customer service
> are the ones who figure out that doing something for a customer you are
> about to piss off saves you money in the long run. It is not about
> dirty quads or clean ones. It is about realizing that customers want
> to feel they have been appreciated and treated fairly

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randam thoughts as I was reading through this post......

There are Two sides to every story....

Not taking sides......has I have had my share of battles with mostly Auto dealers but dealers non the less...

In your first post ....you said you were charged to wash your quad....you knew they were dirty, you must have know that they coudnt work on them in that condition (and at the rates that all dealers charge now a days) $50 bucks means only half an hour washing time.....I know this good Alberta dirt can pack in dam hard when left over night to dry and an half an hour is going to just barely get the worst of it off, then there's the sand and residue that takes time and elbow grease to clean up.

We choose to do our own cleaning servicing as I dont like to pay the rates they charge.

Like prevously posted, communicate your expectations and get them to do the same....

I know of shops that will turn ATV's away if brought in dirty and or will tell you up front they charge a preium to wash as they dont have the staff or the time to deal with it.

Have you or anyone else on here priced out those same repairs at other shops?

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
ALL shops will charge you a fee (which happens to be whatever they feel) if you bring in a dirty quad or bike. Save yourself a bunch of money and go drop 10 bucks in loons at a coin op.

Bike shops that I have noticed are overbooked and have no time to actually troubleshoot a problem, most of the time you're paying to train some new guy on your machine. It's all about turn around time, and if the machine gives them trouble they'll just keep the clock running till it's sorted-hence the couple hundred buck oil change.

I've opened up a small shop out of my garage and I do stuff on friends bikes and whatnot--sometimes for money, sometimes for IOUs. Most of the complaints I've gotten from people is that they cant get in to a shop in a reasonable time.

When the shop is busy they'll charge what ever they want to do small stuff because people will pay it- my best advice to anyone is to buy a shop manual do some reading and spin wrenches yourself, it makes the sport more satisfying.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same sort of scenerio happened to my brother at honda extreme in edmonton, he put his quad in to get his valves adjusted and his brakes done, and they quoted him on it, but when he whent to pick it up it was over 1000 more they gave him a rundown of all the parts they put on, but they didnt phone to approve any changes.

eys8830

Reaction score
You know it doesn't really matter witch dealer you go to you will get over charge. And Honda is going to full line sale and service so we are getting car mechanics working on bikes & quads... 80% of theses guys never even seen a carburetor

Weather your getting your truck, car, quad, heavy Equipment fixed at whatever dealer my experience was always an expensive one...

In my home town of NB my dad get his quad serviced by a corner mechanic for 15$ per hrs, this guy has been working on our stuff, from lawn mower, and quads and tractor, ever since I remember...

Top Bottom