Seriously!!! I lost my helmet Cam again... Husband don't read this

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i knock mine off my helmet all the time. I use a fishing leader as a saftey chain for it....but i cant say i have ever misplaced it!

I like this idea!! Never heard of this before, I'm going to do this for sure. I always tell my boy to reach up and check that the cam is still there when he uses his (MY) helmet cam. Momma take NOTE!

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont use a fishing leader i use a retractable key ring. Hook one side to my helmet strap with a carabiner and round eye goes between housing and base. This way its long enough that if it falls off it can hit me in the pickled eggs :yikes:. I can also pull it off its mount and look at it if i need to change a setting or battery and not worry about loosing it in the snow.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
and it's gone again............. my husband took it from me, so I wouldn't lose it again! lol.. but woo hooooo!!!!!!!

he's a smart man..... jeez Momma, if your head wasn't attached you'd probably forget where you left that too.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost my drift in December at Blue Lake. We were playing in a small flat area and I stopped to adjust my avy pack. I had my camera strapped to my arm since I have ADD when I ride and I seem to look everywhere like a drunken paranoid squirrel. Anyway... took the camera off my shoulder set it on my tunnel. Adjusted everything and we rode away. Got a few minutes down the trail and it hit me. Turned around and followed my tracks all the way back to the last stop with 3 buddies. No #$#@@@ luck! I'm still choked.
Bought a new Drift Stealth a week ago. Asked them for some ideas. They have some customers that glue a piece that allows them to put a camera strap on it. Didn't sound like the best idea since the exterior is rubberized. They have another customer that took one of the little screws out, looped some fishing line around it and screwed it back in. Sounds like a great idea to me.
I'm still thinking about tying a 2 foot length of flourescent marking tape around the mounting clip - just in case.

I check my camera everytime I stop and touch it to make sure it's still on me... I do the same with my wife (minus the fishing line and marking tape). She also has a loud auditory feature which the camera does not.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost my drift in December at Blue Lake. We were playing in a small flat area and I stopped to adjust my avy pack. I had my camera strapped to my arm since I have ADD when I ride and I seem to look everywhere like a drunken paranoid squirrel. Anyway... took the camera off my shoulder set it on my tunnel. Adjusted everything and we rode away. Got a few minutes down the trail and it hit me. Turned around and followed my tracks all the way back to the last stop with 3 buddies. No #$#@@@ luck! I'm still choked.
Bought a new Drift Stealth a week ago. Asked them for some ideas. They have some customers that glue a piece that allows them to put a camera strap on it. Didn't sound like the best idea since the exterior is rubberized. They have another customer that took one of the little screws out, looped some fishing line around it and screwed it back in. Sounds like a great idea to me.
I'm still thinking about tying a 2 foot length of flourescent marking tape around the mounting clip - just in case.

I check my camera everytime I stop and touch it to make sure it's still on me... I do the same with my wife (minus the fishing line and marking tape). She also has a loud auditory feature which the camera does not.

I can't even begin to explain how much I love this post and how hard I'm laughing!! lol!!!!!

Cheers Buddy!

Trish :)

jdaniel

Reaction score
we used floss! just happened to have some in my pocket one day when we were thinking we should have done the fishing line tether.

I like this idea!! Never heard of this before, I'm going to do this for sure. I always tell my boy to reach up and check that the cam is still there when he uses his (MY) helmet cam. Momma take NOTE!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to bring this thread back to the top, Just so Momma doesn't feel all alone in emptyheadedness( new word ). Went riding yesterday but Moyiesledhead had to work, so in my infinite wisdom I took my cell phone with me in case we actually had cell service ( very rare for our area ). that way we could phone him at work to torment him. When we stopped for lunch I reached in my pocket for the phone; not there; frantically search all pockets still no phone. Not willing to retrace 35 kms of riding, go home to face wifes wrath. Fast forward to this morning, pick up my coat and guess what?? yup phone is there in a different pocket. Not even a secret pocket.
icon11.png

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to bring this thread back to the top, Just so Momma doesn't feel all alone in emptyheadedness( new word ). Went riding yesterday but Moyiesledhead had to work, so in my infinite wisdom I took my cell phone with me in case we actually had cell service ( very rare for our area ). that way we could phone him at work to torment him. When we stopped for lunch I reached in my pocket for the phone; not there; frantically search all pockets still no phone. Not willing to retrace 35 kms of riding, go home to face wifes wrath. Fast forward to this morning, pick up my coat and guess what?? yup phone is there in a different pocket. Not even a secret pocket.
icon11.png

Baa ha ha haaa!!! I love it!!! I'm hugging you with my mind! :)

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tether (off an old camera) that I put on my GoPro and through my chin strap. Was always worried about it getting bashed off when going through the trees.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went riding yesterday but Moyiesledhead had to work, so in my infinite wisdom I took my cell phone with me in case we actually had cell service ( very rare for our area ). that way we could phone him at work to torment him.
icon11.png

And I waited all day for that phone call too! Kinda disappointing! :D

Top Bottom