Sensor Question

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the sensor that goes into the air box does in a REV. I need to reroute it and am just wondering if there is anything that I should look out for. I know that when it gets wet the sled runs like chit! Boggs, choakes and floods!

Thx

Slummit

Reaction score
It measures air pressure and temperature and is "supposed" to adjust your fuel accordingly. Thats why it runs terrible when wet. I installed the Timbersled intake and I noticed a difference around home, but it still runs fat in the hills.
When you say reroute, are you just moving the cabling or are you planning on relocating the sensor?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
it measures air pressure and temperature and is "supposed" to adjust your fuel accordingly.

actually it is a sensor, and sends a signal to the pcm, which in turn "adjusts your fuel accordingly".......... Not the sensor

don't mean to hijack, just didn't want to get anyone confused..;)

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put pods on my machine and never did install the sensor properly. I had put a filter on top of the sensor but that did not help with my rich problem. The filter would get wet and frozen just like everything else.

In the mountains I had a horrible flooding problem if my sled flipped over. It would take forever for me to start it again. I figured it was because the sensor was getting wet and cold from the fresh pow that fell into the engine cavity. Thus creating my flooding problem.

I am planning on extending the wires that lead to the sensor and installing the sensor into my intake tubes that go between my pods and the carbs (wires are just too short). This way I can keep it dry and only supply air that is going to the motor. I just wanted to make sure that the sensor was acting up due to the snow and cold that was hitting it.

thx

Top Bottom