Sealing up all the holes on the m8000

Motomonks

Reaction score
I have read on here about guys sealing up all the open holes in the plastic, just wondering if someone makes a kit? Or what everyone's been using, I'm finding a lot of snow especially on the muffler side, I do have a vent kit on the clutch side, which has a "waterproof" layer, keeping in breathable and yet not letting snow in which I like.

my 14 was a belt burner at 200 miles, I wrapped the y pipe and first part of the pipe in header wrap and vented the clutch side, so far so good, so my main concern is keeping clutch temps low and circulating lots of airflow through with no snow, let me know what you guys have in mind

thanks

Go Hard Or Go Home

Reaction score
On my 13 I take time and stop and open the clutch side panel and let the clutches cool of for15 min and then go and I haven't blown any belts and I have 1500 miles on original belt. Biggest factor for blown any belt is heat so the cheapest way I've found is to take time and cool of the clutches and I've been riding for over 25 years and things haven't changed in that department

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about air flow. Have found that a set of console knee panel vents move more heat out of the clutch area than any of the side panel vents(you can feel the heat on your leg when your moving). Had every vent possible on the clutch panel and my clutches were cooler, added the knee panel vents and that had them so they were barely warm to the touch. Out in the deep snow on family day weekend I put my stock panels back on to keep things dry. After 30 minutes, stopped to check clutch temp, and they were warm but not hot. All this is a moot point if your aligned and deflection are out of wack. Also if if you have heat problems in the past and had your primary egg frying hot, replacing your primary cover with a Thunder Products 911 clutch cover with its 50% bigger bushing spruces the performance right up again.

Got snow?69

Reaction score
I put on fully vented side panels on my 2014 m8000 snow pro and I got 900kms out of one belt. Only reason I blew the belt was cause I backed up then went forward quick and it was stuck down in the secondary still and chattered and blew apart. Vent both sides. Less heat under the hood the longer belt life and better performance. High heat your primary clutch will heat up and break the spider. It slowly tights up on itself til it breaks when it's really hot. Draw lines across primary and check every now and then.

Top Bottom