Seadoo and Trailer on a truck

Bucky

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a seadoo and wanted me to check on here if any body has put a seadoo with a trailer on the back of a truck. He has a 8 ft bed, the reason for this is so he can pull his holiday trailer and take his new toy to the lake with him. Any incite pros and cons would be greatly appreciated!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why doesnt he just leave the trailer at home and put the seadoo in the back of the truck. Make a little frame for it to sit on so the hull doesnt get damaged.

Bucky

Reaction score
He wants to have the trailer for launching purposes, 3 seater, tough to launch when he goes with the wife and kids without a trailer.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can

Marathon Decks (formerly Marathon Marine) in Edmonton has install some and I watched one loaded in there yard.

If you pull a holiday trailer and want to take your PWC to BC you need to load the PWC/trailer onto the Deck with the trailer tongue sticking over the cab.

You can either get a forklift to load and unload the PWC/trailer from the deck or as this guy did is rig a 2500lbs winch to pull the trailer up the ramps onto the deck

Call Jay Ross at Marathon Decks

Marathon Decks
7719 - 44a Street
Edmonton Alberta T6B 2R5
1-866-440-6800
jross@marathonmarine.com
Marathon Decks - Aluminum Welded Decks, Sled Decks, Snowmobile Decks, ATV Decks, Quad - HOME

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

There are a couple different ways to approach this. In the past we have made a track system for just this exact application. Basically there is a track that is mounted into the truck with a winch located at the front of the truck, a simple track/ramp pulls out from the box and a dolly which holds the Sea doo is attached to the winch this system works great.

The other option that we have done is used our single loaders with a winch at the front of the single loader, rollers on the loader, you simply hook the winch to the front of the Sea Doo crank it in, once the unit is loaded you simply rotate the whole craft into the back of the truck and slide it forward. Works great!

You can see our single loaders at Full Lotus Manufacturing - they just have the pictures of atvs and sleds being used as we do not get a huge demand for Sea Doo

Thanks

FLM Staff
Full Lotus Manufacturing -
info@full-lotus.com

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
I'm helping a buddy with right now with a system to haul his seadoo on his sled deck. I welded in a bracket to hold a 3000lb winch in his aluminum headache rack,and we'll pull the pwc up the ramp that has two channels bolted to it. The pwc is strapped to a four wheeled cart that will stay under it to store in the garage. Should have it finished this weekend,maybe get a chance to lake test it early next week. Will post some pics when done.

Last edited:

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Sorry for the late pics,got called back to work which put everything off schedule for a couple weeks. Anyways,it works good. The channels that lay on the bottom of the ramp are only used at the boat launch, not needed in the driveway to load or unload from the garage.

Attachments

• DSC05020.jpg
    DSC05020.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC05018.jpg
    DSC05018.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC05038.jpg
    DSC05038.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 541

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
Recently we set a customer up with something similar...

A reinforced XL headache rack held a "saddle" for the PWC trailer tongue and a run-of-the-mill 2000# utility winch was used to pull the PWC trailer up onto the deck.

The benefit of using the PWC trailer is two-fold:
1) Once you get to your campsite and park your holiday trailer your hitch is now free to tow the PWC to the water--meaning an easier launch off the trailer rather than off the deck (especially if you have to launch it many times over the course of your stay).

2) Check your PWC insurance policy, many won't allow you to leave your PWC in the water overnight--meaning you'll have to load it up onto the deck every evening if you don't have it's trailer.

Attachments

• PWC Deck 1.jpg
    PWC Deck 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 467
  • PWC Deck 2.jpg
    PWC Deck 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 511

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch your weight limits. Some of those new PWC are very heavy now with the big 4strokes. My new bumber pull is 1000# tounge weight, it's amazing how fast it adds up. Love the idea though, I would do the exsat same thing!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had my watercraft, I looked around for a track system and there were a few out there. My problem was all the lakes right around here had gravel to travel over to get to, and the stones beat the hell outta everything. Finally brained up and sold that money pit before I bought the track deal for the truck.

msumse2

Reaction score
What a beautiful rig. I have a diamond back truck cover on my 2008 toyota tundra for hauling atv it has a carry load of up to 1600 lbs on the cover. Can carry two at a time and able to store equipment in the bed. Was looking for a way to get the jet ski on top for those wet moments.

thejean

Reaction score
Saw one of these in Golden two weeks ago: Looked solid, guy had two pwc in the box and a trailer.

Jet Trax - Watercraft, Snomobile and Motorcycle Lifting Systems

Been looking at these. My neighbour made a dolly and uses a winch to pull the seadoo right into the bed up some ramps but I have to say, it doesn't always feel so stable to me. This Jet Trax setup looks way slicker (and more expensive of course). I also like that you can get 2 watercraft on it. I like that it uninstalls easy so you could get a snowmobile one for winter! I saw a similar setup at Gull Lake last summer but it looked to be made out of aluminum and the fella had the nose of the sea-doos stuck up above the cab so the back would fit inside the box. I like the jet trax setup better but depending on the sea-doo overhang, they could interfere with trailer turning - would have to check. Regardless, a single in the middle would for sure work.

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
This is my set up. Winch welded into reinforced headache rack on a Marathon deck. Single ramps also from Marathon. My buddy changed from the cart to a trailer this year also. Some boat launches were quite difficult by himself. This way, set up the RV and unload the PWC and head to the lake. mail-2.jpeg mail-1.jpeg IMG00023-20100925-1501.jpg

Wprice

Reaction score
Recently we set a customer up with something similar...

A reinforced XL headache rack held a "saddle" for the PWC trailer tongue and a run-of-the-mill 2000# utility winch was used to pull the PWC trailer up onto the deck.

The benefit of using the PWC trailer is two-fold:
1) Once you get to your campsite and park your holiday trailer your hitch is now free to tow the PWC to the water--meaning an easier launch off the trailer rather than off the deck (especially if you have to launch it many times over the course of your stay).

2) Check your PWC insurance policy, many won't allow you to leave your PWC in the water overnight--meaning you'll have to load it up onto the deck every evening if you don't have it's trailer.

Do you have a slide show or video on how you actually load the PWC onto the deck?

chad123

Reaction score
i would love to see way you mounted the winch. also where do you winch from? at the top of the ramp how do you stop the cable from rubbing and the trailer from grinding?

Top Bottom