Saskatchewan Riding Conditions 2014/2015

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx. If anyone else finds good snow please let us know here. Looking to get out with the family around Xmas but not sure where snow is and isn't.

slopok

Reaction score
OK this getting crazy now with almost no snow here in Saskatoon. Iam no mountain rider but if things do not change soon I'll be thinking of going out west even for a weekend if anyone else is thinking the same and wants to team up give me a shout. I like deep snow but not into any extreme stuff.

calltrex

Reaction score
OK this getting crazy now with almost no snow here in Saskatoon. Iam no mountain rider but if things do not change soon I'll be thinking of going out west even for a weekend if anyone else is thinking the same and wants to team up give me a shout. I like deep snow but not into any extreme stuff.
What sled you got?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well a friend and I went to investigate all these great claims about Hudson Bay on Saturday. We put on about 75 miles for the day. Snow cover near town is definitely low, probably around 4" , not enough to cover the stubble. We found a couple places in the trees/ fields right on the edge of the forest that had 6-8" which was enough for a couple donuts and small cat walks.

We then proceeded north on the trails, some are a little shy on snow close to town, I put my scratchers to good use, but most of the main ones have been groomed so it made for some fast cruising. The cabins/warm up shacks are super nice and well stocked with wood. Way up north in the bush there may be 10" but we didn't find a place we could ride off the trail up that way.

All in all, a decent day. Got to scratch the itch, blast the carbon out, test out some clutching, and explore some new areas.

And to the ass clowns that leave their beer cans in front of the cabins, clean that **** up. I have room in my sled to put it, I'm sure you do too since you brought it there.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Poo time

Reaction score
Thanks for the update mk4. My wife just told me she rented a cabin at Hudson bay for part of next week as early Christmas gift. Will update if conditions there change much when we return home.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poo time, please update ASAP once you get there and ride. My family is looking for a place to ride on the 25th and/or 26th.

slopok

Reaction score
Went for a drive today Stoon to Wakaw south to Colonsay and back to Stoon very little snow just enough to cover the ground overall waste of time not enough too sled. Well I tried....

calltrex

Reaction score
Dam. Wanted to go for a test ride. Someone said the ditches near colonsay had lots of snow last weekend

slopok

Reaction score
Well there is some snow I did not find any areas with "lots" but I did not search too hard. Enough too go for a test/tune found some (strips) maybe 10" deep. Some larger drifts are now rock hard from the warm temps and wind. Dunno not enough for me to go back.

Powderdream

Reaction score
Rode hudson bay 19 20 21 put on 300 miles. My honest opinion if you are coming to ride trails the snow is great. If you are hoping to find some stuff to play you have to spend a lot of time looking (head north good snow but open water and stumps). I had a blast and would come back to ride again even if they didnt get more snow. But lets hope they get more. Riding a 144 an needed my scratchers.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for any reports on the Spirtwood through Meadow Lake areas.
Edit: found this little site: SLED-SASK

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meadow lake would be good for grass drags. And there is fawk all for snow around big river. I haven't been through spiritwood in awhile but would guess similar conditions.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking like Christmas is cancelled at our house! Ah well, gets me another night at the shooting range.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some friends heading out to elbow Lake, on the 28th 29th I may join them if I can get away from work but will report either way what the conditions are.

Website says there is snow in the area but if you look on the Manitoba side websites the trails are all still closed.

Elbow Lake is about an hour south east of Hudson Bay stone's throw away from Manitoba border.

Poo time

Reaction score
Just got back from Hudson Bay. They have less snow around town area than we do in the Roblin area. Once you go into the park it's not to bad. Need scratchers on the trails for sure as they are packed hard and not many places to get off the trail to cool in the snow. Had to cross water in a few places. Porcupines look not to bad on the way home but not groomed.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Hudson Bay. They have less snow around town area than we do in the Roblin area. Once you go into the park it's not to bad. Need scratchers on the trails for sure as they are packed hard and not many places to get off the trail to cool in the snow. Had to cross water in a few places. Porcupines look not to bad on the way home but not groomed.
Have you heard of anyone riding around swan river yet? Or if they are grooming any trails up that way ??

Top Bottom