Saskatchewan Riding Conditions 2014/2015

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, so right near where a guy from work was riding this weekend (Norquay). I'll get the snow report later this week.

Poo time

Reaction score
east and north east of Togo sk is pretty decent.down in the valleys and in the boggy creek areas on manitoba side are also pretty good. Duck mountain to the east manitoba side is good to. Went on vintage ride from Togo Sunday and my daughter found out the old tx is no rmk. Snow was over the windshield.never seen so many young guys run to dig a sled out like that before.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
east and north east of Togo sk is pretty decent.down in the valleys and in the boggy creek areas on manitoba side are also pretty good. Duck mountain to the east manitoba side is good to. Went on vintage ride from Togo Sunday and my daughter found out the old tx is no rmk. Snow was over the windshield.never seen so many young guys run to dig a sled out like that before.
its a really nice area back behind the ski hill and out boggy way as you mentioned but they would be hard areas to drop off in not knowing the area.

Poo time

Reaction score
Yeah it is easy to get lost or hurt bad in this area.A young fellow 2 weeks back ended up in a body cast. Fortunately I ride with a group who grew up in th area and know it real well. If any of you's are coming to the area let me know if around at the time
we would be glad to show you's.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, so right near where a guy from work was riding this weekend (Norquay). I'll get the snow report later this week.

He says it was some of the best snow he's ever seen.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Nipawin area for the next 4-5 days..will report after tomorrow on conditions providing Codette doesn't get the best of us. Hoping to make it over into the Wildcat hills early next week.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode 115 miles today. snow conditions pretty decent. crust on top but fair bit of snow.

Polaris with 1000 miles in our group broke a primary spring into 3 ppcs so our day was cut a bit short.

one thing I do know is a tundra doesnt get good mileage pulling a 4 plc trailer up hill..91L/100km...expensive trip

Attachments

• IMG_20150228_220947.jpg
    IMG_20150228_220947.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 230

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode 115 miles today. snow conditions pretty decent. crust on top but fair bit of snow.

Polaris with 1000 miles in our group broke a primary spring into 3 ppcs so our day was cut a bit short.

one thing I do know is a tundra doesnt get good mileage pulling a 4 plc trailer up hill..91L/100km...expensive trip

Maybe you should get a truck to pull your trailer instead of a utility sled....:alol2::beer::beer:

Brojoe

Reaction score
We rode Christopher Lake this past weekend. Snow was decent in spots.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
close to 300 miles over weekend and monday. conditions good but quite setup. lots of crust and the wind was as bad as I've ever seen this far north yesterday. trails are half mile wide from the traffic. we found some nice snow but had to look a little

Attachments

• IMG_20150303_194549.jpg
    IMG_20150303_194549.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode north of la ronge today. Snow is terrible. Also looked bad the whole drive up along the road.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Desperate to ride last weekend so we unloaded at buddies south end of the city, ripped to Dundurn for a beer then to blackstrap. Conditions definitely aren't good but it was nice to get out.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode best conditions this year in the north part of ukranian revelstoke. found a number of fields that were mid thigh deep with zero crust. did close to 140 miles yesterday and slightly less today. much nicer than anywhere I've rode in the north this year. all of my honey holes were still untouched.

canora has a derby this sunday. hopefully after the heatwave theres something left. both days later in the day was like riding on mashed potatoes

back here in balgonie shes done or wilk be in upcoming days. lots of grass and water in ditches. surprisingly considering how late and crappy conditions were I somehow still managed to top 1k miles this season.

smw092

Reaction score
Was north of Hudson Bay in the hills this past weekend. No base to speak of, but plenty of powder. 20-30 inches. Some open water on the odd creek crossing, but a nice weekend all things considered. Hopefully the groomers can get started shortly.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was north of Hudson Bay in the hills this past weekend. No base to speak of, but plenty of powder. 20-30 inches. Some open water on the odd creek crossing, but a nice weekend all things considered. Hopefully the groomers can get started shortly.

I'm surprised there's that much. I'm tempted to head up for the weekend if I can find someone to ride with.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's that much. I'm tempted to head up for the weekend if I can find someone to ride with.
As am I, I haven't even bothered checking the local clubs snow reports yet cause I didn't think anywhere had an snow. Might be able to put some miles on at home for Xmas/New Years after all.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom