Saskatchewan Riding Conditions 2014/2015

Megrizzly

Reaction score
I would say about 4" in Melfort with more going east. Went for a quick rip around mistatim and they got 7". As slamnek and mk4tdi said, lots of the off trail is pushing with the bumpers. No-till stubble fields are decent, but still have to watch out for worked fields as your skis still dance off the dirt clumps. At least you can get on the gas without digging to dirt or lay the sled right on its side without incident. Overall, it went from quite poor to surprisingly good in a day.

prudens point

Reaction score
Snow around nipawin is pretty good. Very rough in open areas but if you get into some trees its bumper deep and soft.
I agree with the last post, got much better in a couple of days.

weeksy

Reaction score
I am just checking to see if anybody knows of any place to ride thats half decent around an hour or so out of Regina.Thanks.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just checking to see if anybody knows of any place to ride thats half decent around an hour or so out of Regina.Thanks.

I don't have any real info, but in general your quickest route to snow from Regina will be north-east. Kelvington and Norquay for instance.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too cold to take pics! I did have a nice 100m long dangle down the #2 ditch on a 136" switchback pro-r. It would have made a nice action pic.
Hahah, it's a good ditch up that way. Got to watch a summit roll 3-4 times down it chasing its rider last weekend. Pretty easy to find bumper deep snow thinking it should be better now after the last storm.

weeksy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. We found a little snow North of Pasqua Lake head a blast .

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Classic SK winter weather right now. Snowfall warning of 10-15cm today. But the wind is also 40-55km/h.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be prefect for us up north where we have trees. I'm confident I'll be able to find headlight ish deep snow around.home now.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow around Saskatoon is just enough to ride a trail sled, but not enough to have any fun.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's Rotax's secret spot. Not even google knows where it is.
https://www.google.ca/#q="ukrainian+revelstoke"

There's quite a few people familiar with it as it's beyond the garlic curtain, North of Yorkton. 9/10 we can find snow in there that isn't anywhere else for some reason. Lots of fences to go through and need quite a bit of permission to go through those areas those as farmers are quite "possessive" out there. Very few people ride this area..most go straight North to the bush, but there's some nice hilly riding to be had in an area between Canora and Kamsack.

Didn't make it up there this weekend, due to some family commitments, but rode locally around Balgonie Area. Fields are scrub board rough, ditches are ok, still managed 74 miles in half arsed conditions. I'm getting desperate....

Top Bottom