Salmon Fishing

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI I am looking for a good salmon fishing tour or lodge on Vancouver Island, that aren't ready expensive. Its my sons 25th birthday and want to take him on a trip. I have been looking at a few but they seem to be very pricey. Any help would be great. Thanks

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you get what you pay for. do you want to be out on the ocean with a cheap charter?

HI I am looking for a good salmon fishing tour or lodge on Vancouver Island, that aren't ready expensive. Its my sons 25th birthday and want to take him on a trip. I have been looking at a few but they seem to be very pricey. Any help would be great. Thanks

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time salmon fishing off the island. We would go to rivers inlet. I recommend Cod Fathers out of port hardy. I have not fished with them but the guy we used to go with knew the owner very well and always spoke highly of them. They produce fish!! I would stay away from the west side of island due to the crazy weather that can come out of no where. On that side you fish in the open ocean so normal calm swells are 2-3 meters. At least on the north east side you get some shelter from other islands.

Sent from my mind

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in ucluelet and fished 25 miles of shore lots,it can be rough but the fishing is top notch.and you see alot of whales to

skeeter800x

Reaction score
I have been to Duncanby Lodge at Rivers Inlet a few times. That place is great; accommodations very nice, great food, awesome fishing. Price is always very good.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad and I use to go to campbell river and browns bay every year and had great luck just renting a boat.....back then they could drag the bay with commercial boats at noon...when you see the stack start to smoke get to shore and have lunch till they pass the wakes were interesting in a 14' rented aluminum...only did it once learnt our lesson. But in browns bay have a huge dock and restaurant in a old boat theres a guy outta there...but not sure on price for him to take ya out...

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I have been wondering this as well. We usually go up to Prince Rupert but getting tired of the drive. Make it more of a vacation to go off of the island.

Is there decent halibut fishing if you stay on the east side? Or do you have to get out on the open ocean for them?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been to the Tyee lodge in Bamfield twice now and caught my limit both times. It's a very nice lodge only accessible by boat. The guides and staff have always been great. The second time we fished at 25 mile like mentioned above and had amazing results but also as mentioned there were some sea sickness issues. May have something to do with the amount of consumption the night before too.:beer:

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no better Hali fishing than off shore bamfield,ucluelet,tofino all great places check out canadian princess tour to very affordable.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents own Imperial Eagle Lodge in Bamfield, 250-728-3430. Full amenity cabins, smoker, huge pier, fish cleaning facilities, etc. He usually doesn't do guided charters, but he has guys out there that do....some of the best guides on the Island.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everybodys in put. I booked 4 days at Codfathers in Port Hardy. That is the place that Slamnek suggested. Looking forward to it. Long wait though going the end of June.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a day with cod fathers years ago. We were bottom fishing but still had a great day.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wayne has a small outfit that's not touristy like some of the others. fishing out in open ocean is pretty cool.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had some pretty good luck out there, here is a few pics to get your mojo going. Good luck on your trip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 85

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI I realize that this is an old thread. We just got back tonight, WOW what a get time. We caught our limit on Halibut almost on Salmon and a few ling Cod. Cod Fathers was a great place guide took us different place and the processing was included. Would go again in a heart beat.

Top Bottom