Safest path to behind saddle/mount renshaw?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 27Km cut off may no longer be a secret but there is a solid 5 or more hidden gems along that trail before you get to the climb in to the anthills. Every time we ride Renshaw they are fresh even if it hasn't snowed for months. Was just there this weekend for the first time all year and we rode areas that hadnt been touched all year! I love how everybody takes it all the way to the alpine and passes by our honey holes. As far as that cornice goes it is easily the most dangerous way to the backside. I ride with one hand on my radio and do not waste any time ripping down. Trickiest as far as climbing out goes as well. Should only be done when conditions are right.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Renshaw image.jpg
    Renshaw image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The saddle is at end of saddle bowl, and what you call shortcut is the "drop"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always known the Drop as Up and Over but The DROP is a more appropriate name for it. I use it quite often. Just don't let my mom know the real name. Up and Over sounds much less dangerous.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW..lot's of terminology here..

Good thing the areas is properly named from the snowmobile club.....:rolleyes:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went over the drop by accident one year. Was just following tracks. My nuts grabbed onto the gas cap in fear. Did not expect that.

LOL dying laughing, hahahahaha

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guessed at pin drops/names in relation to the previous posted image. Please advise if pins or names need adjustment.

1)There are two spots to drop down from wolverine. The further east one (kinda faces towards Mt Pauline)slides once in a while but the other is a pretty big s-curvish down. Never seen this one slide in 15 years, but when the big cornice at the stairs lets go it does run to the base of this access
2)Stairs/steps the big cornice to the right as you are decending does let go once in a while
3) Have seen both sides slide when heading to the saddle, more sketchy on the left for the last 700meters, definatly not a smart spot fror sidehilling. We stay slightly up from the bottom on the right.
4) Going through blackwater - this is IMHO the safeest route but like bunny man said there are ares that can slide but if guided there are also routes that I have not seen slide in my 15 years at Renshaw. Once at the back side there is a huge riding area.......................and then there is the routes to Spirit and Morkil and the valley juuust west of Mt Pauline (now there's a fugged up side hilling tight tree crazy creek climb route that ate up portions of my XM last spring)............the other HALF of Renshaw! She's a biggie!

Last edited:
Top Bottom