S&M community film

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you set up a new Gmail account, you should have 15Gb of storage that you can use, at least that is what I currently have.
I'd offer up the use of my Dropbox account, as I have 50Gb of storage in it, but I'm starting to use that as a backup for my phone, and has filled up quite a bit recently.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, well if anyone wants to send in some footage for the film teaser, ippielb8(at)gmail.com just replace the (at) with @, hopefully that stops spam.

Poll is

A series of short episodes debuting the different locations and dates. - 6
A single larger film showing everything captured in one video. - 1

Fernie - 7
Valemount - 3
Sicamous/Salmon Arm - 3
Revelstoke - 2
Whistler - 2
Golden - 1

For locations i'll do it on a time and money basis, see how the season goes, see what i have time for, i will go down the list in order of votes for filming. So far looks like fernie will be the first location for shooting.

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Little update on the poll

Fernie - 7
Valemount - 3
Sicamous/Salmon Arm - 3
Revelstoke - 3
Whistler - 2
Golden - 1

So far i picked up some camera gear to do the film, i don't know if this camera will be the best, i may sell it and get a different one. It doesn't auto focus in video mode which is something i do not know if i will be able to get over. Wish i knew that before i bought it but oh well. It would work excellent for doing an interview though, it has a few different lenses one specifically for portraits. Blur the background and keep the person in focus. And a wide angle lens.

A steady cam to do panning and moving shots and keep it smooth.

halo light for close ups and interviews.

external microphone for better audio

backpack to carry all the gear

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 141

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am starting a kickstarter for donations for anyone who wants to donate to the films production.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ippielb/511707147?token=3660c75a

Here's a preview of the kickstarter.

I need footage for the preview on kick starter! I'll contact a few people i know that have good footage. hopefully i wont step on anybodies toes by doing this but i want to get the ball rolling more then i have so far.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone got anything to add to this? I don't want it to get forgotten winter is only a couple months away and there's lots of planning to do! So far the first location is Fernie, what time in November/December is a good time? I want to do it early in the season to make time for more locations but not too early there's still landlines out everywhere.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone got anything to add to this? I don't want it to get forgotten winter is only a couple months away and there's lots of planning to do! So far the first location is Fernie, what time in November/December is a good time? I want to do it early in the season to make time for more locations but not too early there's still landlines out everywhere.

After the first couple of snow falls around the first part of November. I know a few places in Elkford that are great first ride scenarios without a lot of rocks and stumps. Just let me know and I am game to tour or ride.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing your interview footage. We had some pros come into our office last year to shoot interviews. None of their lighting was directly in front of the subject. They used battery powered LED light boxes and Canon D7s I think to shoot. I'm not saying your setup won't work. There are lots of ways to shoot video. The audio was recorded with a separate mic (boom pole above the subject) and digital recorder. The audio was great. They gave me the footage and the audio files to edit and it was a bit of a pain to sync. If you're shooting interviews in a room, record a few seconds of the room noise. It's amazing how you can knock it out after. Mics love to pick up noise from air ducts. :)

Also, for those cool looking glide shots of your subject, look for a camera track and trolley. The one these guys used was only 2 or 3 feet long and provided a very cool effect for B roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm interested in seeing your interview footage. We had some pros come into our office last year to shoot interviews. None of their lighting was directly in front of the subject. They used battery powered LED light boxes and Canon D7s I think to shoot. I'm not saying your setup won't work. There are lots of ways to shoot video. The audio was recorded with a separate mic (boom pole above the subject) and digital recorder. The audio was great. They gave me the footage and the audio files to edit and it was a bit of a pain to sync. If you're shooting interviews in a room, record a few seconds of the room noise. It's amazing how you can knock it out after. Mics love to pick up noise from air ducts. :)

Also, for those cool looking glide shots of your subject, look for a camera track and trolley. The one these guys used was only 2 or 3 feet long and provided a very cool effect for B roll

i will try and do a test interview with an inanimate object for lighting, and try to have something playing, like my cell phone by the object to judge noise levels.

My steady cam should be able to do most moving shots well. But I was thinking of making some PVC camera tools and possibly a zip line type angle.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
After the first couple of snow falls around the first part of November. I know a few places in Elkford that are great first ride scenarios without a lot of rocks and stumps. Just let me know and I am game to tour or ride.
i'm laid off for a couple weeks in November so that would work perfectly. If we can get a group of people.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So here's some stuff I've come up with, when I go out and do filming I'm looming for possibly group of around 5 people for organizations sake, but each day I want to switch it up with different folks to share the filming around, but if no one else is around the same group can be used.

also I have started on the preview teaser. I have some footage from valemount and fernie areas. Looking for revelstoke footage at least.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
interview test - YouTube

test footage for an interview. i have picked up an adjustable tripod now to help set up for filming.

Poll Results, no real updates.

Fernie - 7
Revelstoke - 4
Valemount - 3
Sicamous/Salmon Arm - 3
Whistler - 2
Golden - 1

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool. Its interesting to see others edits of the videos. Anytime you want to come ride out here, I am sure we can get you some quality footage

Top Bottom