S&M community film

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Poll Page Here:

Poll Results will be posted every couple days, the only way i could link them is a way someone could delete other votes. So i will be taking a screen shot and putting it up if people are interested.

Just curious on who would be interested in being in a part of a film made with people from the snow and mud community.

I'm sure everyone has seen or watched one or more of the big production, 509, slednecks or similar video.

Well the video i'm proposing to make, definitely wont be up to par with the filming, heli angles, big name music or big names that are in the videos, BUT Instead it would have just anyone who volunteers from the snow and mud community.

This wont be for profit, of course it would be a free film put on youtube/vimeo or similar.

This is all depending on interest in volunteers.

Right now i have a general idea, of what i'd like to see happen. I've been doing research on semi-professional camera's(looking at a canon vixia g20) as well so it's not just filmed with a gopro like my other videos. I'd like to hear what other people have for suggestions, I'd like to plan this a good time in advance so if people want to show up they can book time off/hotels etc.

If you are curious of some of my other work i've done(where i took some time to do editing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjVHOx6EFTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uB7ASMRb4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMTJTJY43w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q41auA7dgwI

EDIT:
Here's a link to the poll i created on what type of film you would like to be made.

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have thought about this before and am interested. We have a aerial drone with hd camera and 3d gimble that we could put to use
That opens up a huge amount of possibilities. Is there any S&M ride dates planned for this winter already? Maybe this could be planned on one.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I always thought it would cool to a have a local TV show like on shaw cable Snow and Mud Television similar to Snow Trax/Dirt Trax

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
if u want to come to fernie I could rally up a few guys who can put on a show!
Honestly, thats probably where i was thinking of doing the shooting, maybe golden or something after. Was hoping to do a couple trips.
I always thought it would cool to a have a local TV show like on shaw cable Snow and Mud Television similar to Snow Trax/Dirt Trax
There's one of the questions i was going to ask, what would people prefer better? A series of episodes? Or just one large film?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that if it shows quads going through mud/wetlands half the people on here will bash the chit out of it.............

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I know that if it shows quads going through mud/wetlands half the people on here will bash the chit out of it.............
Haha, i know exactly what your saying, i put those video's up in the mud pit and got harassed over them. But scratch that topic, any idea's about the community video?
ya one solid video with minimal amounts of music would be pretty ideal for sledheads!
That what i was hoping to do for this, is try to keep the music to a minimum, except maybe in some of the gopro footage where the audio quality wouldn't be the best. Another problem is almost all the song are copy-written which causes problems. So keeping the music to royalty free is a must. But it is harder to find music that people will enjoy.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If your filming in fernie or golden, I'm there! As far as music metallica and pantera are good choices!
Fernie and Golden both sound possible. Was hoping to do a Revy run as well just because it's one of the most common places. Choosing music from metallica or pantera would both be very hard to pull off, getting permission to use the music from either for non profit is next to impossible. Have researched on it, and if there's no profit for them in royalties, then they want a good amount up front for their music, well their record labels anyways.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie and Golden both sound possible. Was hoping to do a Revy run as well just because it's one of the most common places. Choosing music from metallica or pantera would both be very hard to pull off, getting permission to use the music from either for non profit is next to impossible. Have researched on it, and if there's no profit for them in royalties, then they want a good amount up front for their music, well their record labels anyways.

I actually prefer if lesser known bands are used in sled videos as long as they are good. Music from The Smalls would be a good choice

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmO37M5WMS0

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going for a YouTube thing, then I would suggest a series of shorter vids. People tend to get bored on YouTube with longer videos and just stop watching half way through. 5-10 min segments work. Do a few years of that and see where it goes.
As far as music goes, there are a lot of bands out there that I'm sure would love to get some sort of exposure. If you check out open mic nights, or know people with bands, ask them if they would mind their music being used in a video. Lots of garage bands have the tools to record their own stuff now though.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'd like to make a poll on what people would like for the video length. But I can't figure out how. If a mod could add it to the original post basically have the question, what type of film would you prefer, A. Smaller episodes in a series or B. One large film put in to a movie type format.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea! Let me know if you come to Revelstoke:beer:

Top Bottom