RZR 1000 VS Maverick 1000

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what I keep reading about them. T and T has a couple for a decent price I think. Just not sure if they are worth looking at or not

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what I keep reading about them. T and T has a couple for a decent price I think. Just not sure if they are worth looking at or not

We rode with rzrgade a lot. His cat did not turn sharp at all. Also the wide rear fenders too a lot of bashing from trees

not the best for trails for example around rocky area.

Open pipeline be ok.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it wasn't just him being real real old with slow reaction times??? LMAO

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about compromise .... No one machine is the BEST at everything .....
The RZR 1000 comes closest though ... IMO

Loved the cat in the open, hated it in the trails....

The rzr is the best combo of power / handling and reliability ...that could change soon though !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are at 94hp , the 1000xp is 110 and the turbo mav 131.
So the cat is a long ways back...
They need a transaxle as well instead of that rear diff. The little wildcat sport has a transaxle that is built for 150 hp plus... So that will be in the new cat I would think. I would not be surprised at a Kymco engine as well , with a lot of power... Kymco make a fine ,fine engine... And the cat chassis is the best of the 3... Imo.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I made my decision today. I am picking up a rzr 1000. I still have to sell me 3 machines then I can go in a pay cash. It will either be the voodoo blue 1000 or the fox edition. We have a couple substantial cheques coming in at some point so if one arrives when the machines are sold i will go with the fox, otherwise the standard version will do.

I came to the final decision today by going to Martin and having another look at the maverick, prices, etc then going to Cycle works west. Checked out a few machines then was able to demo both the 900 and the 1000. They were great to deal with and will be who I buy from hopefully before Jamboree comes.

Now....who wants to buy a KTM 530, FJR 1300 or a outlander 800 max xt???? Package deal of $23,000 for all 3!!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I made my decision today. I am picking up a rzr 1000. I still have to sell me 3 machines then I can go in a pay cash. It will either be the voodoo blue 1000 or the fox edition. We have a couple substantial cheques coming in at some point so if one arrives when the machines are sold i will go with the fox, otherwise the standard version will do.

I came to the final decision today by going to Martin and having another look at the maverick, prices, etc then going to Cycle works west. Checked out a few machines then was able to demo both the 900 and the 1000. They were great to deal with and will be who I buy from hopefully before Jamboree comes.

Now....who wants to buy a KTM 530, FJR 1300 or a outlander 800 max xt???? Package deal of $23,000 for all 3!!
i'm actually a little shocked your selling the ktm. nice bike.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno, they'd have to have done it twice, once in the price and once in the text which also states 30% off. When you look at the picture of the speedo be aware of the 102 or 10.2 can't make out which (seems slightly different than my speedo) maybe it has a little time on it and considered a demo unit.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the owner knows his machine is listed on Kijiji? You stop in to look at it and 'oh, we just sold that yesterday. Let me show you the other $24K machines we have in stock.' Maybe reply to the ad and ask for the VIN #.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the owner knows his machine is listed on Kijiji? You stop in to look at it and 'oh, we just sold that yesterday. Let me show you the other $24K machines we have in stock.' Maybe reply to the ad and ask for the VIN #.
definitely seems fishy

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ad is BS. There are two different phone numbers. Both which are not in Hinton which the address is. No dealer would sell the machine at 10,000 off.

Top Bottom