RZR 1000 VS Maverick 1000

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like 4k difference. It is the same price as the highlifter. I'll def look into but I think I would have to drive them back to back to step up. It does have some extra stuff other then the shocks which helps
I think the display is like an extra 800 or something like that. it is cool though

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I am a big brp supporter and bought the rzr1000 rather than a maverick. I now have 1300 km on my Rzr and am very happy. The only issue I had was my front suspension sagged right away. it was upgraded to the 2015 valve kit and havnt had 1 issue. with the suspension on this unit it rides like a dream. Might not be as fast as the maverick turbo but I know it takes the bumps better. Several magazine articles note this as well.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Mav shares the same chassis as the commander....lol.

That is not a sport SXS chassis , never will be... Canam has tried numerous shock / a arm combos to improve the ride...
but it's pretty tough to turn a surburban into a ZO6 !!
Untill canam can match the Popo ride that great engine is wasted... IMO .

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Mav shares the same chassis as the commander....lol.

That is not a sport SXS chassis , never will be... Canam has tried numerous shock / a arm combos to improve the ride...
but it's pretty tough to turn a surburban into a ZO6 !!
Untill canam can match the Popo ride that great engine is wasted... IMO .

Hey Neville, hows your cat running these days,...still good to go ?, wish i could put a word in edge wise , but allas i dont have enough time on my wheels yet to defend or oppose it !!, however, still no regrets...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not buy the highlifter addition cause all you can get is a 6 month warranty on that machine... thats the problem... with stock axles and having a mud machine like that ( no different then can am ) and you will not be happy in the pocket book.... at least the can am you can get 3 years on it for what its worth...lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is one on kijiji now with 16 months extended warranty on it he says. Maybe aftermarket???

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not buy the highlifter addition cause all you can get is a 6 month warranty on that machine... thats the problem... with stock axles and having a mud machine like that ( no different then can am ) and you will not be happy in the pocket book.... at least the can am you can get 3 years on it for what its worth...lol

6 months is fine.

By then I would replace all the axles and done

Ready to ride.

I would buy one.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how things are going to work out. I know the smart thing is to wait until the 2016's come out. The wife wants to wait a few months. I want my new toy now. I am selling three machines to get it and again the smart thing to do is to wait until all three are sold. Again I am not the smartest guy out there and I want my toy now!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do u want a new, first year model really, and have a very good chance of being a warranty test dummy ??

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Expect big changes...that will de value the old models though..... So you have a choice to make...lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are that big of changes to get a 2016. I was thinking more of getting a better deal on a 2015 that is out there now. I have been watching and the dealers are getting cheaper every couple of weeks.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are that big of changes to get a 2016. I was thinking more of getting a better deal on a 2015 that is out there now. I have been watching and the dealers are getting cheaper every couple of weeks.
starting to drop their pants due to the 16 release at the end of july. making room for the polaris overload. you won't be considering a 16 I don't think being as we have already seen the prices are going to jump a couple g notes. when the release happens you can expect the non currents to be selling at msrp because of the price hike. the high lifter is pretty cool but will knock the guts out of ya on an average trail ride. the shock valving is terrible.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I know they had a stiffer suspension but didn't know they were rough. If Ron would stop working for one day I could find out lol

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I know they had a stiffer suspension but didn't know they were rough. If Ron would stop working for one day I could find out lol
we have sold five and every one has had the shocks sent south for a makeover. one guy that has endless cash even spent 2g's on heated suspension seats and still had his shocks redone lol.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you ride...the HL is meant for mud not speed. The heavy duty reverse chain is a must ...IMO . And the lower gearing is nice....

Top Bottom