RZR 1000 VS Maverick 1000

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup. if you are going to unload and dive directly into the swamp with no distance to travel the hl is definitely the machine for you.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride everywhere. Usually at higher speeds. I want a machine that will be good to me like my outlander max with silverbacks has. Because it is built for two the suspension is stiffer and I can go quick on it. But with the way it is built I can tractor around anywhere. Yes I still get stuck but most people get buried well before I do. I also have my Ktm set up perfectly for suspension. It floats over anything and will haul ass in the bush and through whoops. My sxs will have to do the same.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride everywhere. Usually at higher speeds. I want a machine that will be good to me like my outlander max with silverbacks has. Because it is built for two the suspension is stiffer and I can go quick on it. But with the way it is built I can tractor around anywhere. Yes I still get stuck but most people get buried well before I do. I also have my Ktm set up perfectly for suspension. It floats over anything and will haul ass in the bush and through whoops. My sxs will have to do the same.
you will just need to try one out. it is a purpose built machine. I think it's great with all the added extras you get but I find it very stiff and clunky. for this area here it is just a little rough. if they can improve the ride for 16 it will be awesome.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost wonder if the fox edition might be the way to go now. When the stock tired wear out out some 30" mud tires on it and a arms. I like having a good suspension. Another reason I like my free ride. Set it up properly and I soaks everything up.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost wonder if the fox edition might be the way to go now. When the stock tired wear out out some 30" mud tires on it and a arms. I like having a good suspension. Another reason I like my free ride. Set it up properly and I soaks everything up.
it would be so cool if there was a big demo ride in the area where you could just go try them all out. I can say blah blah all day long but only you truly know what your looking for. I think you safely have until the end of july to figure it out but the price hike is a comin' Keith. .80c on the us dollar is about to hit again.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I can build what I want but if I can save some cash, and in this case it is a ton of cash, buy the right machine right off the bat it will save me in the long run.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I can build what I want but if I can save some cash, and in this case it is a ton of cash, buy the right machine right off the bat it will save me in the long run.
just got off the phone with the one guy Keith. his highlifter, he sent his shocks to carls. for the revalve it was around a grand US. then they put the normal 1k springs on and took the heavy springs off. a little extra for that. he says the machine is great for all riding now and is very happy with what he has. you can still achieve the ride height you want but without the nasty kick from the stock set up. it may be worth a call to them and chat them up about it. I know they have a couple people there that spend countless hours out with different combo's to feel what works best. ( I send all my sled shocks to them and am happy with the end result.) the stock walkers on the sleds don't work that great.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Like you said I need to ride in one before buying if possible.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The can am is tough n stout. Steve on here has a high lifter 1000. 3 cv joints broken so far which is normal for a polaris. But the plus is warranty replaced thenm no questions asked.

Denali

Reaction score
I've had a 2013 mav since day one. 1500 km of hard ass riding. Only replaced front axles due to too much throttle. Riding on 34" terms with winch. It's only been used twice to recover myself. Been known to pull out some popos. I have aftermarket ps and has worked great. Ride might be a little rough but I've adjusted rebound and compression and springs and it now rides great. Just my opinion tho.
778c966f18a5fc49da1d54c51d160db7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do like your machine with the portal boxes. You don't have to drive it slow from what I have seen neither

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.. Both machines are awesome!

When i bought my rzr900 in 13' i was set on a maverick 1k. Test drove both machines on the track at A&E and i actually preferred the rzr and purchased it over the maverick.

At the time the rzr was a more robust machine and suited my style. Just bought a 15rzr and didn't even test drive a maverick this time...huh.. Didn't realize that till i read this.. Bought into the Popo i guess...

XM 4ever...haha...

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
starting to drop their pants due to the 16 release at the end of july. making room for the polaris overload. you won't be considering a 16 I don't think being as we have already seen the prices are going to jump a couple g notes. when the release happens you can expect the non currents to be selling at msrp because of the price hike. the high lifter is pretty cool but will knock the guts out of ya on an average trail ride. the shock valving is terrible.

Was at cycle works west on Friday and seen a Rzr 1000 highlifter go out the door at regular price, 1 1000 Rzr go at managers special and a 900 all within 45 minutes. and those were out the door crash sales they were just a little less than retail.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i can say is suspension is just about everything... you can t put a price on good suspension....its the second heart of your bike right behind the motor.... hehe

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was just on the BRP site. The new 2016's are on there. Nothing else is new other then the new 131hp. I did notice they have two suspensions. One is the longer travel fox which looks like it is a 64" wide. The other is a 14" travel, 60" wide setup. Lots more options. Their website build and price is kinda fawked up. It states "starting at" price but as soon as you click on the link you get an automatic $1000 increase.

Top Bottom