RZR 1000 VS Maverick 1000

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really is the best dirt bike I have ridden or owned. But with things the way they are now, it is time to go.

What year, how much, and how many km? I just bought a bagger, but a street legal dirt bike would be kinda fun for bombing around town.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 530 exc. Has 9100 kms and 170 hrs on it. Ton of extra goodies. $6200. If you are interested I can pm you all the details

IMG_1838.JPG

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from my ad. It covers most of the stuff if not all.

Selling my KTM. Best dirt bike I have ever ridden or owned. It comes with a ton of extras listed below. There is stuff I am forgetting. The suspension is set up for a heavier guy. As listed there are extra tires that come with the bike. Everything is in excellent shape. Valves have been checked recently and are in spec, but it does come with a valve shim kit I bought but never needed. I am selling to by a sxs. The bike is street legal in case you dont know what an EXC is, and currently registered in Alberta.

Baja Designs 4000 lumen led headlight W/dimmer
6.4 gallon acerbis tank
dirt trick cam chain tensioner
Sicass under fender
Sicass led tail light
Sicass led turn signals
T.M. Designworks chain slider
T.M. Design works Factory chain guide
Trail Tech Stator 100 watt kit
Hot Cams Valve shim kit
Kenda K780 Southwick 2 rear tire new not installed
Kenda K270 front and rear tires not installed 90%
Pro Taper bars
Double take mirrors
Fisher seat + factory seat
Pro Moto Billet kick stand

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should have posted this video as a new thread... then alot more would watch it and we could have a free fall discussion...lmao

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

travrgtr

Reaction score
I have an xp1k4 . Added racer tech after market springs to it cuz my wife was bitching about the ride. Adjusted my clickers and now it's a different machine. If you like wide open, high speed stuff like you said, you can't go wrong with the rzr.
I replaced all my axles with super atv as soon as I bought it and replaced my rectifier and a couple belts due to failure but so far that's all I've been forced to change. (the rest is due to my accessory sickness)

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
I can weigh in on this after a half year for sxs riding. I bought a 2013 XRS and my friend bought a 2014 rzr Xp 1000. The only modifications I have done to mine is I added power steering, sport low mod, and 4 point harnesses. The only modifications to the rzr are a roof fender flares, door trim and a snorkel . The rzr throws mud like crazy and with out these accessories you will fill the cab with mud when riding.

i bought the XRS used this spring based purely on price. It was $3-4k cheaper than a rzr 1000. I thought for sure my friend was going to by the XRS as well as he did not want to spend a lot on another hobby. It turns out he just wanted to spend enough to have something better than what I had! I thought for sure I was going to need to up grade after spending my nights on the interest looking at comparisons. :(

After riding them back to back stock I must admit I preferred the handling and the steering feel of the XRS. It needed power steering but other than that I was supper happy.
The rzr is better in the really whooped out trails at speed but both are poor compared to a dirt bike when the whoops great deep. The larger wheels and front diff give the rzr the edge on rock climbing. With the maverick you hit it a bit faster and scub it off.

the maverick corners like a it is on rails and gets the nod in the tight and twisty trails. You just feel more connected to the road.

Both handle the rough rocky mountian trails great are about even in the muskeg when line choice is the big difference.

I do not think you would be disappointed with either selection and it is fun to have some different machines to bench race after the ride!

Top Bottom