Rusty 2014 XMX

jlieske1

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one else has started a thread for this... I have seen it mentioned on other threads. My brand new 2014 summit X has a rusty drive shaft, I talked to my dealer and apparently it is normal and they will stand behind it 100% but it doesn't change the fact that I just bought a brand new machine and it has rust on it. Yes, I will still ride the fawk out of it but I also just paid 16 and change out the door with a few accessories. So much for fit and finish.

IMG_1750.jpg IMG_1749.jpg IMG_1748.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of mention of this. Not sure what happened this year but they all look like that. After the first ride it will be gone and probly won't come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Do not think I would be to impressed? Are they putting used parts in them? That to me is crazy!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really?!?!? Sorry to sound like an azzhole but your bitchin about the drive shaft being rusty! Like Maxwell said after the first ride it will be gone. And who really cares how often do you look at your drive it not like it out in the open and everyone sees it you got to lay on the ground to see it. It totaly surprises at what people will wine about!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol I was holding back but Neilsleder I agree with you! This will be a major problem for those who pose around the cabin all day long hahaha.

Lol! Saying my sled can climb any hill out here, I just don't feel like it right now maybe after these beers.

jlieske1

Reaction score
It better go away after the first ride. As for neilsleder and dmf apparently you guys have TOO much money, to spend 17000 dollars on an out of the crate sled to accept it to have rust on it. This is the first brand new sled that I have bought and I expect it to be perfect. 17000 dollars!!! Not some piece of junk that I bought off kijiji.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It better go away after the first ride. As for neilsleder and dmf apparently you guys have TOO much money, to spend 17000 dollars on an out of the crate sled to accept it to have rust on it. This is the first brand new sled that I have bought and I expect it to be perfect. 17000 dollars!!! Not some piece of junk that I bought off kijiji.

No I don't have to much money just enough cents to realize that steel rusts! And it's not going to hurt it or affect the performance at all! After the first ride you will be smiling to hard to worry about that rust! And hay it could be worse your drive shaft could have a clamp on it! Lol

jlieske1

Reaction score
No I don't have to much money just enough cents to realize that steel rusts! And it's not going to hurt it or affect the performance at all! After the first ride you will be smiling to hard to worry about that rust! And hay it could be worse your drive shaft could have a clamp on it! Lol

17000$ out of the box?!? Wow you got bent over big time!

Sent from my iPhone using

That is with some accessories. Adds up pretty quick!

jlieske1

Reaction score
Sorry, this is the first thread I have started so I am still trying to figure out the quotes.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a natural process on that metal. those machines and shafts dont touch water after there built. unless you have a crappy dealer that stores them upside down outside. mine stays in heated underground storage lol.

Top Bottom