running no flap on the xms?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
So Maxwell... hypothetically speaking, lets say I had an attack 20 track on my sled with a snow flap, if my track got wrecked... Do I replace the track with a different one because it beat the crap out of my snow flap, or do I replace it with the same one AND remove my snow flap all together?

I don't care about the heat. Just my poor snow flap. :sly:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

That's better

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How am I to pass anyone on the trail without a flap?

You don't need to be balls to the walls to get past them. Just cruise past them tracks don't through much when your at a constant speed. And what you doing passing people you know it's not a race to the top lol!

mctrailboss

Reaction score
You don't need to be balls to the walls to get past them. Just cruise past them tracks don't through much when your at a constant speed. And what you doing passing people you know it's not a race to the top lol!

Yeah, this is a motorsport and there's NO racing in motorsports! I would expect this kind of talk from a Polaris rider but not a fellow Dooer. LOL

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seriously. You know how many arshole's I have seen pass people on the trails chucking crap at them or cutting them off just to get to the cabin 5 min sooner and most of the time just sit there and hangout for awhile anyways? Plenty. Too me that's just fawking ignorant and disrespectful to fellow riders. No need for it.
No snowflap or snowflap, scratcher's down, makes no difference to me. I'll keep my distance when I come up behind someone on the trail till they pull over to let me pass or follow to the cabin. No reason to be a Dick and pelt them with snow, risk an accident, tear up the trail, etc.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seriously. You know how many arshole's I have seen pass people on the trails chucking crap at them or cutting them off just to get to the cabin 5 min sooner and most of the time just sit there and hangout for awhile anyways? Plenty. Too me that's just fawking ignorant and disrespectful to fellow riders. No need for it.
No snowflap or snowflap, scratcher's down, makes no difference to me. I'll keep my distance when I come up behind someone on the trail till they pull over to let me pass or follow to the cabin. No reason to be a Dick and pelt them with snow, risk an accident, tear up the trail, etc.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

If there's a nice straight away, there's nothing wrong with just cruising past them, no need to pin it just to pass. If the trail is rough and I catch up to someone going slow, I'm going to pass them. I can't stand going slow and pounding into every bump, I don't get how people do it lol way better just to keep some speed and float over most them

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy runs no flap on his XM, in certain conditions when it's cold his tunnel actually ices up way more compared to a xm with a flap. So basically adding more weight in ice with no flap

XRS:151

Reaction score
PM me if one of you want to sell a Summit xm snow flap would like one on my 07 rev. I am in PG.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember plastic paddle spray, I don't recall any complaining. Them cats would have drug a kenworth up the trail LMFASO
i hope your joking, any snowmobile with a mountain track throws large amounts of debris, it all comes from the bottom couple inches of the track, which the snowflap does not cover anyways. folliwing behind any mountain snowmobile your going to get nailed with debris. ever heard of the attack 20? you could put a kenworth mud flap on your sled and that track would blow it to bits

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I cant believe that Martin Equipment is running all up and down the mountain spraying snow and ice on people like a bunch of wild crazy hooligans. Boy....that is bad marketing. Id be surprised if they are in business next season with that kind of irresponsible behavior. Its a black eye on the whole sport of snowmobiling.

;)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I cant believe that Martin Equipment is running all up and down the mountain spraying snow and ice on people like a bunch of wild crazy hooligans. Boy....that is bad marketing. Id be surprised if they are in business next season with that kind of irresponsible behavior. Its a black eye on the whole sport of snowmobiling.

;)

You forgot all the beer and marijuana LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

doo225

Reaction score
I hate snowflaps, never ran one on any of my sleds. so much nicer when your are stuck, your not getting your fingers and hands stuck in between the bumper and snowflap. plus so much nicer when backing it off sled deck.

Top Bottom