running no flap on the xms?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone i was just wondering if it safe to run without the flap as ive noticed the martin motorsports boys running without them.I know the cooler runs the length of the tunnel and there on at the front so im just wondering if i can do the same without running into issues with temps?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone i was just wondering if it safe to run without the flap as ive noticed the martin motorsports boys running without them.I know the cooler runs the length of the tunnel and there on at the front so im just wondering if i can do the same without running into issues with temps?

Scratchers and your good

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
It's actually just me and maxwell... Martin Motorsports does not promote snow flap removal lol. They actually make fun of me.. Quite often for not running one. Same running temps... Except for late late spring riding I notice it a bit. I run a 3" and don't even use scratchers actually. Not the greatest for the sliders but it runs good temps all day.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scratchers and your good

Yep my sled never goes over 4 bars in any conditions with scratchers. And ya it's just mine and t teams sleds lol the other guys make fun of us and to be fair t team copied me. lmfao

And hey it looks sweet and it's functional

ha8adevu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I actually didn't... Or don't ever copy you. You borrow my sled... And it comes back without a snow flap. Three years in a row....

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running mine on the trails and then remove it up top, as I have some quick 1/4 turn connectors so it's easy. But got lazy one day and left it off for the trail down. No problem. I only run a bolt in the skis for scratchers and it works awsum !!! :)
You just don't want to follow any where near me on the trail haha

RN

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
No.. I don't want it. I hate snowflaps now. I'm never running one again. I don't know why you would.. No temp change...not in the way backing up or when your stuck... Looks better.... Lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I have a 3".. With no scratchers... The ODD time in the morning it will go up a bar...

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i mean yea i can see maybe an issue with the trails... but i have scratchers and as soon as u get into the snow off the trail i didnbt think there would be a problem.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's like the folks you see standing outside beside hotel doors or any entrance?
Smoking and flicking there buts on the ground for someone else to pick up when sand ash tray right there.
It's there Doo King martins right to spray chunks of ice and debris at others.
Good advertising thou!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's like the folks you see standing outside beside hotel doors or any entrance?
Smoking and flicking there buts on the ground for someone else to pick up when sand ash tray right there.
It's there Doo King martins right to spray chunks of ice and debris at others.
Good advertising thou!!!

i hope your joking, any snowmobile with a mountain track throws large amounts of debris, it all comes from the bottom couple inches of the track, which the snowflap does not cover anyways. folliwing behind any mountain snowmobile your going to get nailed with debris. ever heard of the attack 20? you could put a kenworth mud flap on your sled and that track would blow it to bits

Top Bottom