RPM Issue

sorsy

Reaction score
Hey guys been watching lost of you tube vids like most of you probably have been hahah... so I pulled the tarp off my 13 pro and fired her up to smell some 2 stoke..i had it hung from the rear bumper up to my rafters in the garage to adjust the track seeing how my buddy has my sled lift... fired her up again to check alignment and had it warm to 100...so I figured I would give her a few good burps and it will not rev past 7000 rpm...just wonder what would cause this... my last trip was down to cook cite and the sled ran awesome... last thing I did before I put my sled away for the summer was mix about 1/2 of oil in the gas and change my weights back to 62's for the fernie area...I have no idea what could be causing this...pulled the plugs they are a little on the rich side and the gap was right at .027...any info would be great thanks!

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a lemon pro... I've had to trouble shoot a few similar issues.
Check the rubber boots that your throttle bodies go into. Maybe they cracked over the summer, and by warming it up, allowed the cracks to open up.
How's the spark? Clip the ends of your plug wires.
Clean your throttle bodies, might be gummed up.
I had the mag pickup on my stator come loose and gave a similar problem.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little JFYI on running sleds in the air.....the previous posts are right, with no load it simply upshifts too fast so it wont hit peak RPM.
Also....I know of 2 people that cannot walk any more from doing this....the tracks can explode at relatively low MPH. One guy lost both legs the other a shattered lower leg. I believe it did quite a bit of damage to the sled too. I would keep it under 40mph on these heavy mountain tracks that get run fairly loose. On the short, flatlander tracks or asphalt tracks its probably not much of an issue. I pulled that 40mph figure out of my rear....I would rather be safe than hear about this happening to anyone else. :beer:

Top Bottom