rough and muddy

KG777

Reaction score
Website
www.tradez.ca
just picked up a 700 kawasaki, i'm a newbie rider. i prefer the rough and muddy trails over the lighter/dryer stuff. thinking of heading over to medicine lake as i hear it's pretty good, but if anyone can recommend something better that'd be great. thanks!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do ya have it snorkled? cause u might want to if ya ride around med lake....

unless u like chicken trails..... cause there dry

KG777

Reaction score
Website
www.tradez.ca
good tip. i don't have a snorkel but will look into it. in the meantime do you have another area to recommend for me?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was dryer out there till after may long.... now shes full........

u could try it..... but i think there is better stuff to ride south and west of rocky

KG777

Reaction score
Website
www.tradez.ca
yeah i've heard good things about the rocky area.

i live in beaumont and see a staging area just south of beaumont down 50th street about 15 minutes... will probably check that out one afternoon. anyone ride in that area?

KG777

Reaction score
Website
www.tradez.ca
ok here's what i think i know:

i drove south of beaumont on 50th street aka hwy814 to the 4-way stop (at the rollyview turnoff, hwy 623 intersect). at that 4way stop you're facing a big hill, and at the bottom of that hill there's a staging area on the right. you cant miss it, there's a white sign... unfortunately the back of the sign states no quads... although there were quad tracks everywhere. people obviously ignore the sign.

i'm wondering if there's another staging area for saunders lake? there's gotta be...

after checking that out i ripped over to coal lake, it's down 814 too then east on 616. there were lots of folks fishing and i didn't see any atv's, nor a staging area. i have a buddy that says he rides there all the time, but he lives in the area so it's not a great tip for the public... he heads out from his own pivate property.

so to answer my own question -- there's squat for quadding near beaumont. most people i talk to say you've gotta head over to medicine lake or rocky for the good stuff.

i'm still searching for something more public & much larger, however i managed to get out with family off their lot just north of coal lake and it was pretty sweet... until i drove the quad thru the back window of my ford.

Top Bottom