Room for one more in Revy Feb 18-22

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were 4 of us planning to go to Revelstoke leaving Devon or Thorsby (depending where we meet up) after lunch Wednesday Feb 18, coming back Sunday Feb 22, staying at the Glacier House. One of the guys would like to back out of it, and because it is within the 14 day cancellation period, we cannot change our reservation. He said that he would come if we couldn't find anyone else to take his place, but it would work out best if we could. If anyone wants to come with us, I will be driving my 04 crew cab duramax with sled deck and 2 place open trailer behind it, with room for 1 more. We are planning to ride Boulder, Frisby, and maybe somewhere else (if you know any other areas around Revy that you would want to go, we are open to that as well). We would split the diesel bill 4 ways (hoping around $100/guy), and the rooms at the Glacier are 2 Queen beds/room and I have added the sledder special (breakfast and supper). The cost per guy for the rooms and 2 meals should be roughly $490 from what the lady at Glacier told me. By the time you factor in sled fuel/oil and lunches, I am guessing something around $700 for the weekend. I also have a spare backpack, beacon, and possibly shovel and probe that I would rent out way cheaper than anywhere else. If you are looking for a sled for the trip as well, I have a 2000 Summit 700 136" that is just sitting (wife's sled and she isn't coming this trip). I would rent it out really cheap as well ($200 for the trip), with the assumption that if you break anything, you will cover the cost of fixing it. We sledded Revy last year once, and have been to McBride countless times, as well as Blue River, Valemount, and Crowsnest Pass. I ride a 2008 Summit 800X 154, DoubleK has a 2006 Summit 1000X 162, and my brother in law has a 2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline 151. We like a mix of riding and follow some basic rules. These are:
No booze until back at the hotel
Climb only if conditions permit (which look good right now)
Only 1 guy climbing at a time
Stay back from runout areas if watching someone climb
Keep relatively close to the group at all times

We are usually pretty tired at the end of the day, and bring our own booze to drink (keeps costs down). We usually have supper, hit the hot tub, check out any video and camera footage from the day, and then hit the bed. Definately not big into hangovers and sledding.

Send me a PM if you are interested in coming.

Last edited:

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of us from S&M Mountain Mania 2009. First is DoubleK, then my brother in law Corey, then me. The fourth picture is from the meadows. I had it in the "Best flatland stuck" contest, but didn't win.

Attachments

• P2010331.jpg
    P2010331.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 41
  • P2010332.jpg
    P2010332.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 40
  • P2010333.jpg
    P2010333.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 33
  • P1310115.jpg
    P1310115.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 36

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were 4 of us planning to go to Revelstoke leaving Devon or Thorsby (depending where we meet up) after lunch Wednesday Feb 18, coming back Sunday Feb 22, staying at the Glacier House. One of the guys would like to back out of it, and because it is within the 14 day cancellation period, we cannot change our reservation. He said that he would come if we couldn't find anyone else to take his place, but it would work out best if we could. If anyone wants to come with us, I will be driving my 04 crew cab duramax with sled deck and 2 place open trailer behind it, with room for 1 more. We are planning to ride Boulder, Frisby, and maybe somewhere else (if you know any other areas around Revy that you would want to go, we are open to that as well). We would split the diesel bill 4 ways (hoping around $100/guy), and the rooms at the Glacier are 2 Queen beds/room and I have added the sledder special (breakfast and supper). The cost per guy for the rooms and 2 meals should be roughly $490 from what the lady at Glacier told me. By the time you factor in sled fuel/oil and lunches, I am guessing something around $700 for the weekend. I also have a spare backpack, beacon, and possibly shovel and probe that I would rent out way cheaper than anywhere else. If you are looking for a sled for the trip as well, I have a 2000 Summit 700 136" that is just sitting (wife's sled and she isn't coming this trip). I would rent it out really cheap as well ($200 for the trip), with the assumption that if you break anything, you will cover the cost of fixing it. We sledded Revy last year once, and have been to McBride countless times, as well as Blue River, Valemount, and Crowsnest Pass. I ride a 2008 Summit 800X 154, DoubleK has a 2006 Summit 1000X 162, and my brother in law has a 2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline 151. We like a mix of riding and follow some basic rules. These are:
No booze until back at the hotel
Climb only if conditions permit (which look good right now)
Only 1 guy climbing at a time
Stay back from runout areas if watching someone climb
Keep relatively close to the group at all times

We are usually pretty tired at the end of the day, and bring our own booze to drink (keeps costs down). We usually have supper, hit the hot tub, check out any video and camera footage from the day, and then hit the bed. Definately not big into hangovers and sledding.

Send me a PM if you are interested in coming.
rent out the beacon probe and shovel???? Youd think that if u invite someone into ur truck and cabin u could probably jus kinda lend that stuff, but hey to each their own

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to call you down on your comment but hey I would rather get paid for it. He is not asking much. The costs to purchase all the equipment is high enough and people get to use it for free. LOL, I just wish more people would realize how lucky they are to borrow this stuff and should buy a meal or two or actually put some cash in had when we supply a few of the necessities to protect us and them. I own a acr personal locating beacon, two, two way radios and that cost is almost 1500 bucks alone to keep them safe. Yeah yeah I know priceless. But it was not priceless for me. d Just my two bits

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to call you down on your comment but hey I would rather get paid for it. He is not asking much. The costs to purchase all the equipment is high enough and people get to use it for free. LOL, I just wish more people would realize how lucky they are to borrow this stuff and should buy a meal or two or actually put some cash in had when we supply a few of the necessities to protect us and them. I own a acr personal locating beacon, two, two way radios and that cost is almost 1500 bucks alone to keep them safe. Yeah yeah I know priceless. But it was not priceless for me. d Just my two bits

Thankyou very much skibeadoo for that. We are not asking an arm and a leg, just a little extra as this sport isn't the cheapest out there. We are just average joes and every little bit helps. That previous post kinda hit me hard, but I'm glad some one else is on our side!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
relax boys (or girls, i dont know) i guess im just a little more easy goin than the average guy.
I didnt think i put it rudely, even stated "to each their own"

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem Mam, we were just stating what was wrote. :nono: We were not the only ones that looked at it the same way.

Top Bottom