Rolled My Quad

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0105.jpg IMG_0103.jpg HI What started out to be a great day off, turned bad. I rolled my quad down a 60' ft hill. We got it up to the top of the hill. We tryed to pull it out the bush but the front A frame and front side shaft on the one side is broken, The tire on the other side is flat. I was going to get an old car hood and use it as a skid to tow it out of the bush. Does anyone else have any experience or ideas? It is about two miles off the road and a few mud holes to get though. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No picture? That might help us come up with ideas.

Assuming that you can't rig it up, you're best bet is probably to tie or winch it up to the rear of another quad so that the front end is slightly off the ground and tow it out slowly. Don't forget to put it in 2 wheel drive.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh damn! You did a gooder there. I'm still thinking you're best bet it do tie up the a-arm and anxle so they're not dragging and lift that front end up onto the back of another quad. That should get you through most terrain if you take it easy.

The hood idea is interesting if you can find one, but it may actually be more trouble than it's worth.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what Dean did to get keiths quad out worked pretty good too.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Strap it down to the rack of another quad and ride it out kinda what they did to the sport quad on the tub trailer (sorry AB Ranger used your pic )

157919d1374336153-input-needed-utv-purchase-p-r-6x6-sprax-biggest-load

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are not My pictures, they are from the Ft Mc group, that rides the Richardson Backcountry. Here is another one P S 6X6 Alaska.jpg from Alaska

Bruce.

Last edited:

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The question that I have with loading it on the back of our other machine is that it is a Polaris as well. The back end is all plastic so how do I tie it down? How can I lift it that high? I wish I could upgrade my insurance won't cover it. We bought the two machines last fall.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, you don't necessarily have to lift it as high as you see in the pictures. All you need is the tires off the ground even just an inch. However, without a steel rack to tie to, it would be a little more difficult. You could always try winching the front end to an overhanging tree limb and then you could get it as high as you need. If you do set it right on the rear rack like in the pictures, you could probably strap it down pretty securely by the a-arms (lol, the ones that aren't broken).

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Throw it in park and a couple strong guys should be able to lift that front end up high enough, as the back end will lock up in park. Back the tow machine under and strap down as best as possible.

Racks of the Can-Ams are all plastic to, Just make sure it's in 2 wheel. I rode out standing on the back of my rack. Had to fire it up on some of the bigger hills, holes etc just to help push, as the can-am wanted to come over backwards. Stop periodically to adjust straps as needed.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some moose hunters have some really small flat deck trailers you could easily tow it out... not sure where he got it but an old buddy had a home made flat deck trailer... 4 by 8... we use to tow moose out with... im sure you could find a really light one somewhere... one of those canadian tire specials would work perfect

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the car hood trick may be the go ...

let us know and take pic's coz we're all interested, recoveries are part of the game and I really hate when someone knows wot we're going to do and that night they tell us how we should have done it and all the secrets from experiance ... it makes me want to punch them in the face ...

good luck ...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the car hood trick may be the go ...

let us know and take pic's coz we're all interested, recoveries are part of the game and I really hate when someone knows wot we're going to do and that night they tell us how we should have done it and all the secrets from experiance ... it makes me want to punch them in the face ...

good luck ...

Hey man, everyone here was just trying to be helpful.

JDen

Reaction score
Just go with the old car hood method. We use it all the time in the bush-through muskeg holes, water holes, bumps, ruts, everything, it is truly unbelievable how good it works! We just strap the front of the bike down to the hood and let the back tires roll freely behind it, works like a charm.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0108.jpg IMG_0111-1.jpg IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0117.jpg
We went up this afternoon and picked it up. I know the service manager at Peterbuilt, he had picked a set onstainless fender out of the garbage.They were off a big truck. I bolted a 4X6 on each side. Nailed a 2X10 between the two. We had to block it up some on site. Strapped it down. Had to stop a few times on the way out to let that track machine cool down. Worked great. Thanks everyone for your input.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it out. Now time to fix it and get back out on it before the summer's over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom