Rocky/Nordegg riding

CanadianZ71

Reaction score
Well done! You got the area nailed. Went in on North Dore, amazing views, lots of fun.

Here's another pic for you to guess where!

bridge.JPG

Check this out for a motivator.

HANDSOME RIDING - YouTube

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Planning a trip to that area.....where's a good place to sled from. Are there any maps you can download. Can you sled out from the Nordegg Lodge. Thanks for any info.:beer::beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have a few good areas to ride ... but most of the time we just park some where and see where we can go and find some new trails-areas.... there is cut lines every which way ...

CanadianZ71

Reaction score
Can the small mountain rage south and a bit west or Harlech be reached? Look forward to seeing the area myself.

a.jpg

Wow, shitty pic.

Harlech is top left and Mountain Range i am talking about are below that.

Love Google Earth!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can the small mountain rage south and a bit west or Harlech be reached? Look forward to seeing the area myself.

View attachment 117782

Wow, shitty pic.

Harlech is top left and Mountain Range i am talking about are below that.

Love Google Earth!

Harlick is the camp ground east of nordegg. To the north of that up the camp 15 road is where we unload. Then find a trail with snow and go west. The are big pipe lines that are a good time. U can tell the difference between a new line and a old one. They leave stumps ect on purpose. Fackers

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't rode there for a few years but used to head north on the trunk rd to i believe Chungo river rd and floowed that down for a few miles and staged. As for making it to the mountains not sure. You have to becareful for the flu zone. Not allowed in there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's y we are east of the trunk road. But don't think Ur close to the fluz areas yet

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like that area may have got more snow agin last night. lots of snow lumps on the side of the highway this morning coming in to work, and a few pretty solid snowed up trucks and trailers.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awsome. Good to hear. Plus I think they have been cold there the hole time

Sent from my HTC-using Tapatalk

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far west of the trunk road were ya

Honestly can't remember. Probably staged about 2 miles west of the truck road. from there maybe 10 miles but just guessing. We basically rode a snow covered road that went past a campsite. It depended on which cutline or road we were on. On some of the cutlines that head west we never saw those signs again.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think that goes back into either goldeye lake or the snow creek camp

thammer

Reaction score
i went to an area west of rockey at a staging area called hummingbird and tried to follow the valley, there was only about 6-10" of snow, not even close to enough to cover the rocks, has anyone else been there and if they have where do you go to hit snow?

Stuu001

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's enough snow off the David Thompson from Rocky to Nordegg. Heading over there Dec 29, 30, 31. If anyone knows.....how is the Chambers Creek Snowmobile Trails? Enough base to have some fun?

Thanx .

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a drive over to medicine lake this morning and it is skiiiiiiiiny!! Two feet out nw of camp 9 tho.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went to an area west of rockey at a staging area called hummingbird and tried to follow the valley, there was only about 6-10" of snow, not even close to enough to cover the rocks, has anyone else been there and if they have where do you go to hit snow?

as we have been telling you the area hasn't enough snow, we need a good dump alright, you have to go way back to onion lake and into the sled area. may have to wait until late january. boundary area would be your best bet i think, you may need a saw for fallen trees.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would be the last to tell ya not to go. the snow is skinny, stumps rocks etc just under the snow. i'd suggest waiting for some more snow. any snow now will be good as there will be a perfect base if we get a few inches.

Top Bottom