rockey point

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi we are new to golden area any info on rockey point area would be great.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a pretty sweet place to ride. i have always had good snow and we are usually breaking trail to get in. was supposed to ride there on sunday but a couple group members scratched that idea. its a long way in depending on where you can drive the truck to park. right now the snow line is pretty high so you can drive the trucks pretty far up the road.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you not going Is it high ave danger not enough snow to get in ?Thanks for any info

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting trail in! We didn't get to ride there, rode the trail and just before the riding area we had a break down. But the avy shoots are pretty crazy that you got to cross. I will be back to see the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one issue with Goldens riding areas... The terrain traps riding the trail up to get in there

Sketchy conditions, sketchy riding

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankx guys for the info I think I will try to find someone to take me in thanks alot's for the advise

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you not going Is it high ave danger not enough snow to get in ?Thanks for any info

they didn't want to deal with crossing the avy chutes. ya its a risk but its no different then the risk you take each time you go into the back country. there are lots of times that you cross avy chutes but dont realize it because you are on a trail. ya the chutes can be a little difficult to cross if they have slid. same with the icy switchbacks at the start. needless to say there is a group of us going back in a couple weeks.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was awesome 2 Saturdays ago heading there this sat if you don't have chains get some the road up past the farm house can be tricky switch back corners on the climb in are in ****ty shape low to no snow but once past the 2 major avy chutes all good

Top Bottom