roads

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup hiways are horrible went out sat at 3 am to pick up a roll over by Nojack took us 2 hrs to get there 1 lane all the way and was wind blown in real bad about 30 cars in the ditch 4-5 upside down. 1 guy piled it into the ditch beside us while working then 4-5 stopped and pulled him out made for a dangerous situation could see shat and these guys stung out across the hiway

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup hiways are horrible went out sat at 3 am to pick up a roll over by Nojack took us 2 hrs to get there 1 lane all the way and was wind blown in real bad about 30 cars in the ditch 4-5 upside down. 1 guy piled it into the ditch beside us while working then 4-5 stopped and pulled him out made for a dangerous situation could see shat and these guys stung out across the hiway

driving back from the pass last night was ok till i got onto number two highway at nanton numerous semi's in ditch not many cars and trucks yet tho ... and visibility at times was nill

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
driving back from the pass last night was ok till i got onto number two highway at nanton numerous semi's in ditch not many cars and trucks yet tho ... and visibility at times was nill

We got outta Wildwood about 7PM lastnight hiways were good until spruce grove then went for crap still about half dozen in ditch 2 shiny side down from the night before

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how the hwys r from Edmonton to Fox Creek ( Hwy 43 i think )
headin there for work tom...

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got lucky just the bumper, hood, grill and the fibre glass frame... hopefully i can find all that today so i can get back too work tomorrow... too bad too here that a lady died after hitting a plow truck by strathmore.. RIP

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just watchout highways are very crappy i met a plow truck form the back... nothing i could do but hold on... lucky i just wrecked bumper hood grill... and no i was not speeding ...
if you ran into something from behind that was either stopped or slow moving, you are at fault, and were going too fast for conditions. period.

glad it wasn't more serious.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive tow truck here in Ponoka. All I can say is that I am impressed with Alberta North for how well they kept the hi ways (QE 2). Over all the roads are clear and in good condition.
What I am disappointed with is the way SOME people drive and neglect to obey traffic laws. I don`t know if it is stupidity or the lack of common sense the way they put themselves and others on the roads.
As a tow truck operator we are in great danger while we are out on the hi ways and many people don`t seem realize this. It seems that no matter how many lights or vehicles that are there to control traffic dumb asses do not slow down or move over from a a blocked lane.
Imagine yourself, standing beside a vehicle on an icey road during a storm. As a vehicle goes passed at 110km/h all you can do is hope that the vehicle does not lose control and collide with others.

Sorry for this rant, but some how I want to get this point across to more people. To possibly save lives and serious accidents.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive tow truck here in Ponoka. All I can say is that I am impressed with Alberta North for how well they kept the hi ways (QE 2). Over all the roads are clear and in good condition.
What I am disappointed with is the way SOME people drive and neglect to obey traffic laws. I don`t know if it is stupidity or the lack of common sense the way they put themselves and others on the roads.
As a tow truck operator we are in great danger while we are out on the hi ways and many people don`t seem realize this. It seems that no matter how many lights or vehicles that are there to control traffic dumb asses do not slow down or move over from a a blocked lane.
Imagine yourself, standing beside a vehicle on an icey road during a storm. As a vehicle goes passed at 110km/h all you can do is hope that the vehicle does not lose control and collide with others.

Sorry for this rant, but some how I want to get this point across to more people. To possibly save lives and serious accidents.
I am amazed at the amount of drivers that disregard the 60 km/hr law regarding safety/enforcement vehicles stopped on the roadways. I was pulled over by a DOT not long ago and vehicles were whizzing past as he was weighing each of my axles separately with a portable scale....asked him about the law, he said "no one slows down..."

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, apparently we are not supposed to throw gloves at these passing vehicles either.

Just saying..............

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
yup something like that i took lots of pics of some other bumpers same kind of style so it shouldn't be too hard

60+ hours for your first one...One of my welders did this one, its beautiful. Start with cardboard templates, transfer to steel, lots of fittings and viola done deal...

Attachments

• Bumper2.jpg
    Bumper2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 148
  • bumper3.jpg
    bumper3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 148
  • bumper4.jpg
    bumper4.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 150

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
got lucky just the bumper, hood, grill and the fibre glass frame... hopefully i can find all that today so i can get back too work tomorrow... too bad too here that a lady died after hitting a plow truck by strathmore.. RIP

Hiway is closed from Redcliff to Strathmore...still...been closed since last night. Redcliff looks like the biggest truck stop on earth LOL

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, apparently we are not supposed to throw gloves at these passing vehicles either.

I load a lot of stuff on the roadways, large equipment with big long trailers and everything must be as level as possible when loading....which sometimes means loading in the center of the roadway so the crown doesn't make the trailer lean over when weight is applied. I was loading a butt' n' top log loader on a gravel road and hear this pickup coming....fast....I had cat chains in one hand and boomers in the other so I dug my toe into the gravel and kicked it up as the truck went by, you could hear the gravel smacking off his grill and windshield as he drove by. he was very upset, and stopped a couple hundred feet away yelling that he had slowed down enough in his opinion. I dropped the chains and boomers, grabbed my snipe and started walking toward him when he sped off.....

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Hmmmm, sorta wish this thread would have stuck with the original topic about the roads this past week end"

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I am amazed at the amount of drivers that disregard the 60 km/hr law regarding safety/enforcement vehicles stopped on the roadways. I was pulled over by a DOT not long ago and vehicles were whizzing past as he was weighing each of my axles separately with a portable scale....asked him about the law, he said "no one slows down..."

We had 1 lane shut down for a KM signs, pylons, trucks with beacons, strobes and arrows flashing and icy as all hell everyone blew by us at 100 and I hate to say it wasn't 4 wheelers doing it... it was all trucks. 6 hours later when an RCMP car showed up everyone slowed right down

I was digging some equipment outta of our trailer when a seen a Circle T truck flying through our zone blowing the signs and pylons over I jumped out a swung a 5 gallon bucket toward his windshield.....and the fugger has the nerve to give ME the finger

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
"Hmmmm, sorta wish this thread would have stuck with the original topic about the roads this past week end"

Oh I get it...you didnt read the last 2 pages, but had to add something witty anyways...

WTF are you talking about? OP says he wrecked his bumper and wants a winch bumper...You in the wrong thread, or just not payin attention??

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60+ hours for your first one...One of my welders did this one, its beautiful. Start with cardboard templates, transfer to steel, lots of fittings and viola done deal...

Now that is sexy :d

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was digging some equipment outta of our trailer when a seen a Circle T truck flying through our zone blowing the signs and pylons over

Make some phone calls, most trucks have GPS that will verify speed/time and the driver will get talked to...

P.S. DO NOT try and rescue someone in a ditch, leave it for the pros when things clear up. Stopping on the shoulder during a blow can/will kill people!

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gave you some rep for the awsome truck going to get one one day.:d

Top Bottom