RMK 700---> Amsoil Interceptor 2 cycle?

TGS

Reaction score
Hey all. Does anyone recommend running Amsoil Interceptor 2 cycle? And, if so, what did you think? Or am I better off running the VES Gold? A lot of my riding buddies are swapping over to the Amsoil.

Any input at all would be appreiciated.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil is all I run in everything I own, it's a personal choice. You will here 1000 reasons why to run it, and 1000 reasons why not to. In my personal expeirience, with motors, be it sled, boat, hot rods, etc. I have never seen an engine failure that could be contributed to Amsoil.

JUST MY $0.02

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used Interceptor in all my 2 stroke engines with power valves. No issues yet, and I get a bit of a deal on it as my neighbour knows a local distributer.

Trench:beer:

08rmk

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows or what their input is. i was thinking of trying the amsoil also but a byddy told me if i change brands of oil i would have to drain and re bleed or ill get an air lock because oils wont mix together

ran9559

Reaction score
Run your oil tank down, add amsoil, pull the rope and go. Synthetic oil will blend with mineral. I have ran interceptor for years. Once you change brands stick with it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows or what their input is. i was thinking of trying the amsoil also but a byddy told me if i change brands of oil i would have to drain and re bleed or ill get an air lock because oils wont mix together

he has no idea what he is saying. some of the additives in different oils may not mix well, but i have never had any problem. had work sleds that would get whatever oil a gas station had, no problems. better to use one brand of oil imo.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally switched all of my rentals sleds and personal sled over to spectro oil over a year ago and cant beleive the difference. They dont get carboned up as much as they used to when i ran amsoil. Just my experience and preference.

big09dragon

Reaction score
been using Ams for about a year. I can get it cheap from a buddy and it has a better smell in my opinion. id recommend amsoil to anyone! love it

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran amsoil and didn't believe or see the hype. Actually my power valves in that sled were much dirtier. I sold it off as a pyramid scheme of dealers. WAY to much price for what you are getting.

I decided to switch to a CHEAP oil, Citgo Sea and Snow 2 stroke, buy it at Farm and Fleet for around $17 a gallon, have had no problems using it in: 98 mxz, 02 mountain cat, 07 rmk, 08 xp, 11 etec, and 11 pro. Never seen an oil related problem in our sleds ever, and clean powervalves once every two years when it needs it.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't run it at 100 to 1.

I am not totally sold on synthetic oils for 2 strokes. After a few seasons running it in one engine I tore the engine down for rebuilding it. The engine had a tinge of rust over the entire rotating assembly. I do not believe that some sythetic oils rust proof in the same way that dino oils do. I went back to using a quaility TCW 3 dino oil and have not seen this problem since switching back.

I agree that Amsoil is WAY over priced and many of their oils do not have ratings on them. They may still meet or exceed the standards but they do not pay to have their oils registered to tell you that they meet minimum standards.

Top Bottom