Risers on a M series

rowdycat

Reaction score
What is the biggest riser you can put on a 07 M8, without putting extensions on. If i do decide to put extensions on what is the biggest riser that will fit under my cat m series tarp?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How high do the telescoping bars rise up to?

I'm 6'4" tall and the telescoping bars suite me well. I don't look like the hunchback of notredame anymore while riding standing up hahaha. Love them for the trail too, adjust easily to steep and deep and trail. $200 bucks from a dealer and you can install it yourself, by the looks of mine no extensions needed but you may have to fool a bit with the cable routing.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just ordered my telescopic risers for my 06 m7 system will work way better than the risers and the problems with having to tighten the bolts on the risers when you pull back to hard :realmad:. Ya my friend had a 2008 m8 he had a 4'' riser on his cables were starting to get real tight definately recommend the telescopic riser from cat before doing an aftermarket riser

Shortcut

Reaction score
Completely agree, don't scre around with a riser, go with the telescopic riser on the newer series, you won't be dissapointed!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

can order you a set. My 2008 M1000 loves these bars, and so do I. Next on my list is the 2010 Cat seat for M series, sits 3" taller than stock seat, and allows for your feet to swing back and forth easier when switching sides.... I'll post pics when I have it. Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEARS.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can order you a set. My 2008 M1000 loves these bars, and so do I. Next on my list is the 2010 Cat seat for M series, sits 3" taller than stock seat, and allows for your feet to swing back and forth easier when switching sides.... I'll post pics when I have it. Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEARS.

Why the cat seat and not a boss?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why the cat seat and not a boss?

I have not seen a Boss seat yet. Tried out the cat seat and like it over my stocker. I can snag a new cat seat for $350.00 where and how much are the boss seats?

SKI-D00

Reaction score
BOSS seats for an M series (05 - 10) will run you about $370.

•Improved ride for maximum comfort
•3 inches taller than the OEM seats
•The lightest seats in the industry
•12 separate storage compartments
•Includes 2 pouches specifically designed for water bottles
•20' Turbo Towstrap included free with every seat
•Factory fit and finish

hope that helps.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new boss seats arn't the quailty that the older style was....as for the tow strap get a real one or only tow 120s with it garabage!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really got my eye on the 2010 cat seat, looks really durable and holds my ass nicely haha. I'm not partial to snaps and velcro to hold my seats down, had an aftermarket HMP seat and it started to let got after a month of riding.... Cats new seat also looks GNARLY :)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a new Cat seat,not crazy about the look but love the height,storage and is very comfortable.Plus a little cheaper than Boss

i agree, the seat has an abundance of storage and is taller.

Top Bottom